Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who can answer this quick question before 6pm?

Options
  • 05-06-2021 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

How's things?

Arranged to buy a brand new iPhone 12 sealed from a user on Adverts. The phone is unlocked to all carriers.

I'm currently using a iPhone 7 from a two year contract with Three Networks (30e per month).

Can I just take the sim out of my iPhone 7 and insert it into the new iPhone 12 and I'm good to go? There won't be any network connections etc?

Only reason I'm desperate before 18:00 is because thats the time I'm meeting him at.

Anything I should know before buying the phone? Anyone know the answer to that question?

Thanks a million lads, ye legends. Appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

How's things?

Arranged to buy a brand new iPhone 12 sealed from a user on Adverts. The phone is unlocked to all carriers.

I'm currently using a iPhone 7 from a two year contract with Three Networks (30e per month).

Can I just take the sim out of my iPhone 7 and insert it into the new iPhone 12 and I'm good to go? There won't be any network connections etc?

Only reason I'm desperate before 18:00 is because thats the time I'm meeting him at.

Anything I should know before buying the phone? Anyone know the answer to that question?

If it's unlocked to all networks it'll work with any SIM.
    Has the user good feedback on Adverts?
    Can they prove it's not linked to a contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

There is a free blacklist checker online ,blacklist Ireland . Get the IMEI from seller and type it in and if it's blacklisted by a network then walk away

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheFinanceGod

long_b wrote: »
    If it's unlocked to all networks it'll work with any SIM.
    Has the user good feedback on Adverts?
    Can they prove it's not linked to a contract?

Not sure if he can prove but his reviews are very attractive. 50-0 ratio of positive -negative.

It's expensive enough, but with the 12 month warranty and it being brand new and sealed, I think it's a decent deal.

Just while I have you here actually if you don't mind, there shouldn't be a problem with Apples warranty should there? As in, if the phone starts bugging out three months from now I should have no problem availing of Apples warranty because I bought it from a private seller? Correct?

Thanks a million man.

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    There is a free blacklist checker online ,blacklist Ireland . Get the IMEI from seller and type it in and if it's blacklisted by a network then walk away

Legend man, thank you! Proper lifesaver.

Where would I be able to find the IMEI? Is it on the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

How's things?

Be careful it isn't a scam, ask if you can insert your SIM to make sure it's unlocked and working.

• Advertisement

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Be careful it isn't a scam, ask if you can insert your SIM to make sure it's unlocked and working.

Yeah that's not a bad shout. I might actually meet the dude on a bench or something just to try that out. Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭Sarn

Bear in mind that just because it’s sealed doesn’t mean it hasn’t been opened and resealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Legend man, thank you! Proper lifesaver.

Where would I be able to find the IMEI? Is it on the box?

IMEI is on a label on the back of the box. Have the seller send it to you and check it.

It would need to be under €700 as refurbished sell online from €750

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

Only possible issue with warranty that I've heard with phones is where they're brought in from the Middle East which is a different warranty area for some manufacturers.

Not sure if it applies to Apple or how to check where a phone has warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Just while I have you here actually if you don't mind, there shouldn't be a problem with Apples warranty should there? As in, if the phone starts bugging out three months from now I should have no problem availing of Apples warranty because I bought it from a private seller? Correct?

Warranty would need original proof of purchase . If a network has blacklisted a phone due to non payment etc then the SIM card will work in the phone for about a minute and then stop so test it out . Also check the packaging on the phone to see if it's got network branding

• Advertisement

Sarn wrote: »
    Bear in mind that just because it’s sealed doesn’t mean it hasn’t been opened and resealed.

Thank you for the feedback man. Any major signs of re-sealing etc?

Appreciate it.

long_b wrote: »
    Only possible issue with warranty that I've heard with phones is where they're brought in from the Middle East which is a different warranty area for some manufacturers.

Not sure if it applies to Apple or how to check where a phone has warranty

That's brilliant to know. Thank you very much for the reply. Is there anyway to know if the phones manufacturing location was in fact the Middle East? Any barcodes / figures etc?

Thanks mate.

Warranty would need original proof of purchase . If a network has blacklisted a phone due to non payment etc then the SIM card will work in the phone for about a minute and then stop so test it out . Also check the packaging on the phone to see if it's got network branding

Tiger Roll again, thank you man. Saving a skint Leaving Cert students life here, legend man.

Is there any codes/signs on the back of the phone that indicate network branding?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Apple warranties do not need original receipt.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Apple warranties do not need original receipt.
    Lethal man, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

How's things?

Make sure activation lock isn’t on .
    https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201441

Advertisement