Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to the Canary Islands for 15 EUR roundtrip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how would this can be worked "Recovered from COVID-19 in the past 9 months"
    I never had a test to prove I had covid but I reckon I had it. Early Jan.

You thought you had Covid but didn't get tested? You should be able to figure this out as you're clearly a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Guys would I need a PCR test to get back to Ireland or would an antigen test suffice?

PCR is €70
    Antigen is €30

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭d1980

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Guys would I need a PCR test to get back to Ireland or would an antigen test suffice?

PCR is €70
    Antigen is €30

Can I ask where you get those? Appreciate I’m not answering your Q but I suspect someone who can would need to know when you are arriving and from where and if you are vaccinated...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

You thought you had Covid but didn't get tested? You should be able to figure this out as you're clearly a genius.

Wasn't there a time in Jan and Feb this year where the testing system crashed, i.e. they couldn't cope with the amount of testing being sought, and people were told to just isolate and assume that they had it if they had symptoms?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

imfml wrote: »
    Even in Bargain Alerts there's someone looking to spread disinformation and fear and keep us locked into Ireland.

Also, the way that Dogre's post appears when quoted by Jeremy Beagle above makes it look like his unfounded personal opinion is a quote from citizens advice. It's not. People are free to travel from July 19th if they meet 1 of the 3 conditions.... Vaccinated, negative test or recovered from Covid-19 (within 9 months).

Thanks OP for the bargain alert!

Take it you didn't read the OP?

manutdreds wrote: »
    Non-stop flights from Dublin, Ireland to the Canary Islands from only €15 roundtrip.

Fly to:
    Fuerteventura: €15
    Gran Canaria: €15
    Lanzarote: €19
    Tenerife: €19

Availability in June.

Credit to Secret Flying:
    https://www.secretflying.com/posts/dublin-ireland-to-the-canary-islands-from-only-e15-roundtrip/

And as for the old "keep us locked up "sthick"

I'll take it you haven't read the news in the last year and a half? - there's a global pandemic

And international travel remains potentially subject to disruption and curtailment. No harm people are aware of that.

For example- See those on holiday in Portugal atm who have had their holidays impacted by the changes in UK restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

MarkY91 wrote: »

PCR is €70
    Antigen is €30

You need a PCR test. Ireland is not currently recognising antigen tests for entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Where would you get a pcr test in Spain, would it be at a hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭beachhead

Wherever the tests are advertised-the same as here or anywhere.Clinics,etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

casio4 wrote: »
    Where would you get a pcr test in Spain, would it be at a hospital?

Most GPs over there will have a set up for tourists

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭beachhead

Very suprised to see secretflying include Ireland in their deals.But you know what Ryanair think of screenscrapers.But direct on Ryanair if you want to fly

• Advertisement

d1980 wrote: »
    Can I ask where you get those? Appreciate I’m not answering your Q but I suspect someone who can would need to know when you are arriving and from where and if you are vaccinated...

I saw it on a Tripadvisor thread. Couldn't seem to see which one I need though as it's all UK citizen's talking about their requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Wasn't there a time in Jan and Feb this year where the testing system crashed, i.e. they couldn't cope with the amount of testing being sought, and people were told to just isolate and assume that they had it if they had symptoms?

They stopped testing asymptomatic close contacts, not people with symptoms.

So if Spain are now accepting antigen test results can I use a Lidl one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

casio4 wrote: »
    So if Spain are now accepting antigen test results can I use a Lidl one?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

gozunda wrote: »
    I'll take it you haven't read the news in the last year and a half? - there's a global pandemic

And international travel remains potentially subject to disruption and curtailment. No harm people are aware of that.

I'm sure anyone who has read the news in the last year and a half is aware of the pandemic (global), so no need for a post on every bargain alert for flights to make people aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

sector_000 wrote: »
    So you think you had it... but never bothered to get tested? :confused:

Then I reckon you're on your own.
    At the time they weren't doing testing for close contacts of confirmed cases as they were over run, I had all symptoms but was told to isolate with my family, my wife was the confirmed case.

They stopped testing asymptomatic close contacts, not people with symptoms.

That's was not the case with us, we we told not to present for testing even though my wife confirmed as they hadn't capacity, and we were to isolate anyways. And we had the same symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

imfml wrote: »
    I'm sure anyone who has read the news in the last year and a half is aware of the pandemic (global), so no need for a post on every bargain alert for flights to make people aware.

Nope. Not "on every bargain alert". But specifically regarding the comment referred to. But hey whatever . Generic comments not particularly useful tbf.

That's was not the case with us, we we told not to present for testing even though my wife confirmed as they hadn't capacity, and we were to isolate anyways. And we had the same symptoms.

Then you never officially had it so must get the two vaccines

Then you never officially had it so must get the two vaccines

Why must i have to get vaccines? :confused:
    Am i not right in thinking that if i have recovered from CV that i just need to show this? i.e an antibody test......Which brings me back to what i originally asked. Where do i get an antibody test that is recognized for travel? And what form does this result take. Is it like a letter, or is it linked to my passport, or an app on the phone.
    If anyone has definitive answers, that will be much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Am i not right in thinking that if i have recovered from CV that i just need to show this? i.e an antibody test......Which brings me back to what i originally asked. Where do i get an antibody test that is recognized for travel?

None... nobody at an airport will take antibody tests... you need a negative PCR,

None... nobody at an airport will take antibody tests... you need a negative PCR,

Or two vaccines ;)

Gazza would get away with one if he had certified COVID, but he doesn't...

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Am i not right in thinking that if i have recovered from CV that i just need to show this? i.e an antibody test......Which brings me back to what i originally asked. Where do i get an antibody test that is recognized for travel? And what form does this result take. Is it like a letter, or is it linked to my passport, or an app on the phone.
    If anyone has definitive answers, that will be much appreciated.
    You need a positive PCR test result to prove you had Covid. If you weren't tested at the time, you're quite simply out of luck. Antibody tests ain't worth shít.

So if you are fully vaccinated do you show the hse portal on your phone or is there another confirmation that you had the 2 jabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

I'm having trouble following this. I have had two doses of moderna so am fully vaccinated. Wife has had one dose and due another in 2 weeks.
    Does this allow us to travel or do we need tests done?

I'm having trouble following this. I have had two doses of moderna so am fully vaccinated. Wife has had one dose and due another in 2 weeks.

The 2 vaccination thing is a red herring
    Just because you have had 2 shots doesn't mean you're immune,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Outbound-> Yes (meaning you’re all good to travel to Spain with your vaccine cert)
    Inbound -> PCR (still) required

Quarantine? Haven’t a clue

All subject to change. Follow DFA advice as everything is still very much volatile and could change in a moments notice

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Outbound-> Yes (meaning you’re all good to travel to Spain with your vaccine cert)
    Inbound -> PCR (still) required

Quarantine? Haven’t a clue

All subject to change. Follow DFA advice as everything is still very much volatile and could change in a moments notice
    From July 19th that is.

As of right now, non-essential international travel is still prohibited.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

What is the time constraint for PCR test before flight? Is it strictly 24 hours before flight or is more time allowed if anybody knows please?

EDIT: It's 72 hours prior to arrival in Ireland.

• Advertisement

My brother is adament that a PCR test is needed to go to tenerife. He even quoted the mirror website. An article about changed that happened on Monday.

Advertisement