Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for motorbike parts after brexit?

Options
  • 05-06-2021 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey guys

Realised I needed to change my chain and sprockets recently and all the sites I usually go to for that sort of stuff are based in the UK and I don't want to be hit with VAT, when I go to check for Irish offerings like thevisorshop their prices are ludicrous in comparison to the UK.

Is there any go to sites from the continent that people are going to for bike stuff these days? because I can't seem to find any decent ones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mrottopup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Feckin brekzit.

I have bought a small sized part for the bike and its being posted by a mate in a padded envelope from the UK. Neither of us have a feckin bog about the new arrangements.

I told him write gift on it and send it onto me. Will I avoid customs and all that jazz or does it have to have a value associated??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

There will have to be a CN22 customs sticker attached and just write something small in value like less than £5 or similar.

Mmmm wonder did he declare a value on it... If he did de lare the 80 odd euro value and write gift in the cn22 sticker will I get away without charges? Guessing not...

• Advertisement

How do ya pay? Literally the An Post dude at the door? Cash card chq?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sometimes you can pay the postman, or the local post office .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

postman might leave a card in yoru letterbox telling you to go to PO and pay at the counter.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

For parts/serviceables I've been getting my bits from Pat @ Motorcyclepartsireland. He's on the book of faces ( https://www.facebook.com/Motorcyclepartsirelandie-101405295108762/ ) and will really go out of his way to find parts u might need - he found me a replacement main stand for a deauville 650 and they are like hens teeth. Mine never worked properly since I bought it and was twisted to where it was mm's away from the sidewall of the rear Tyre.

If you don't see what u want/need or looking for online pop him a message.

Tha ks for the advice lads, parts arrived without further costs marked as gift with minimal values declared.

• Advertisement

Tha ks for the advice lads, parts arrived without further costs marked as gift with minimal values declared.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Got fleeced by an post for €14.50 on a 48 euro part from uk + the 6.50 they charge to deliver ( addresspal ) so that's €21 almost half of the cost of the part

Said the package was in the country on Tuesday and i paid the charge as I need the part

Got a text to say would be delivered next working day

Wednesday Got a text to say would be delivered next working day

Thursday Got a text to say would be delivered next working day

Friday Got a text to say would be delivered next working day

Its Saturday still no part

Never again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Forget the UK I'm afraid: I've been trying to get some bits & pieces over for...forever at this stage. They don't want to do the paperwork, don't want to put the effort in. One company has just cancelled my order, which I paid for in full in June.

Another I paid around €14 for a €38 order from UK.

It's a long road has no turn as they say..........

So, mainland EU or even the US from now on for me.

I ordered an end can from California last Tuesday - it arrived on my desk 5 minutes ago (1 week later). Simple, efficient, and it's a lovely piece of kit.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement