Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jam Park closing

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's hard to know what would suit a building like that. Jam Park were really hoping to make a go of it there, but in their statement they said they couldn't reach an agreement about the lease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I always felt like Jam Park was trying to be too many things and nobody really 'got them' or at least I didn't.

Very hard to convey a marketing message when you are trying to be 20 different things.

Their outdoor set up looked great though so it's a pity to see them gone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Are the food trucks gone already? That's such a pity, it was turning into a great little food space.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I had no idea what that place was meant to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭kravmaga

I thought they sold Jam there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Edit, wrong place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I had the displeasure of being there twice. The first time it was not long after it opened maybe a week 2 and there was cold food, filthy bathrooms that hadn't been cleaned in serval days and no service at all.

I think it was doomed from the start, it never really got off the ground. Hopefully it won't just sit there empty, though I'm glad there's no nightclub in it any more. It's much quieter around here at the weekends :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

As a purpose-built nightclub its unlikely anything else but that will open up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Are the food trucks gone already? That's such a pity, it was turning into a great little food space.

Food Trucks all still up there as of this morning which is great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭silver_sky

There can't be too many tenants left in the building now. Is it just Hogs & Heifer's and the pizza place on the back?
    Perhaps the site will be redeveloped? It's not an old building but maybe not the best layout and use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

silver_sky wrote: »
    There can't be too many tenants left in the building now. Is it just Hogs & Heifer's and the pizza place on the back?
    Perhaps the site will be redeveloped? It's not an old building but maybe not the best layout and use.

AFAIK there's a beauty salon and o briens sandwich bar as well unless they've gone too. It's a layout that would be extremely hard for most businesses to work with will be interesting to see what happens. Has anyone seen them advertised anywhere? I'd say the rent is astronomical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭The Davestator

AFAIK there's a beauty salon and o briens sandwich bar as well unless they've gone too. It's a layout that would be extremely hard for most businesses to work with will be interesting to see what happens. Has anyone seen them advertised anywhere? I'd say the rent is astronomical

Beauty salon is gone a while.

I didn't know that - and they were quite busy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

A new owner took over and it's open again with the old staff which is great.

Advertisement