Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Blanchardstown Shopping Center 2021 Updates?

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

Fat Face opening in the centre today next to River Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭tinytobe

I think the real problem of the Blanchardstown Shopping Center are the roads to access it. The Blanchardstown Shopping Center seems to be ever expanding but the roads leading to it never do, thus causing stop and go traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Ramp has finally been fixed for traffic coming into the Aldi car park area after many years of scraping the front underbody of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Glossy1

Looks like Trespass has closed down. Appellation for extension food eating sitting area. Probably Kays taking over!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Trespass closes regularly, it could be open in a different unit in a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭JVince

Trespass are known to be able to take short leases in shopping centres when a unit might be vacant for a few months or longer.

It can sometimes suit a centre to do this if they know a certain retailer is planning to open in Ireland, but not for a few months or in some cases over a year away.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Glossy1

True forgot about that, moving from one section to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Phase Eight is going in where EZ Living used to be upstairs https://www.phase-eight.com

Hobbs London is going in where Selected used to be upstairs https://www.hobbs.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I think it was called Tresspass, Yellow entrance beside Kays, it's closed down and a planning permission notice on the window looking for a change of use from retail to restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I noticed a new (to me) unit filled in Westend Retail park at the weekend, Little Be. I've just looked it up, seems to be aligned with Baby Elegance selling baby stuff. It's in the old Laura Ashley unit I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Clarks Shoe shop looked closed as I rushed past today. No stock in the windows or shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

Yeah Google has it as permanently closed and it's been removed from the store directory on the Centre website

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Markd518

Wouldn't be surprised if all Clarks stores closed tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

North Face and Accessorize opening up next to each other upstairs between Claires and Gym & Coffee according to the boarding up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

What gives You that impression? I hope their outlet in Kildare Village never closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

They've only themselves to blame. They only have a very limited range in ROI Vs UK then it seems they don't put their main range on sale just a special cheaper "sales" range. I've a lot of fondness for the brand. But for a long time find it hard to buy anything in there.

The problem in my opinion is that the roads to the centre are also the main roads into D15. They've compounded that by making them the main roads into a lot of new residential areas they've built and are building. They've also made it so traffic has to go around the center to get into and out of the car parks instead of directly in and out of the car park to the N3 for example.

In summary they've managed to converge all the main traffic flows into one giant bottleneck. Or multiple bottle necks.

I think it should have been built further out tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭tinytobe

Most likely the problem lies in the fact that at the time of planning and building the shopping centre, the experience was limited to non existent.

I think they started in the early 90ies at a time when Blanchardstown was rural, there was no celtic tiger, sheep were grazing in the area and way way fewer people had a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Markd518

They were bought by a Chinese Company a few years ago, alot of management have left in recent months. Also they are currently making a loss the past few years

• Advertisement

You'd have to some eejit not to realise an already expanding suburbs were going to expand in the same way every other western city in the previous 40yrs had done.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

I'm sure some of the brown envelope transactions that enabled Liffey Valley to be developed played a part in Blanchardstown SC too. Best practice planning policy was probably not a priority. I still think the advantages of the SC outweigh the disadvantages. It provided 1000s of jobs, income and social progression to locals that otherwise may have gone down a different path.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

sure just look at the children’s hospital for best planning practices 🤷‍♂️

Clarks are own be a Chinese investment fund. (Hong Kong) Outside of UK & Ireland, Clarks would be seen as a premium brand and the chinese owners want to capitalise on that and expand greaty in the far east.

The traditional crap they have, like the stuff in Kildare village store which is devoid of anything decent, will be consigned to the history books and you will see it compete against the likes of Timberland.

A further 20-30 stores are set to close in UK/Ireland this year, but they are planning more in-store departments and recently agreed to dramatically increase their partnership with M&S

Clarks in recent years has felt its been run by bean counters rather than anyone with insight into the shoe business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Are BPerfect expanding into the Body Shop? They’re advertising a mega store opening on the 13th.

The former Oasis unit? - that seems to be the most recent registered letting.

Or just a refit of their current unit.

Planning would be required to join two stores together and nothing in planning files

The Health Store (beside Gleesons butchers) has gone bust. Liquidators appointed and all 10 stores including the GNC store in Blackrock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Kiko (makeup) and Umai (asian food) due to open soon too

Advertisement