Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow card on A and A

Options
  • 06-06-2021 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As shown below I got yellow card for saying someone' understanding of a contract was wrong. I am more than a bit confused how this is valid? The moderator said I was 'essentially calling them a liar' see link but if that is a valid interpretation how can anyone disagree with anything? This is not a subjective matter. Its company law.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117356600&postcount=114
    smacl wrote:
    Dear Yellow_Fern,

You have been infracted for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

smacl

Your post:
    Bannasidhe wrote: »
    They are getting ownership of a state of the art, publicly paid for, maternity hospital. A very valuable asset.
    And it's not costing them a brass farthing.
    It remains to be seen what they will be looking for further along the line.
    The State already owns land the hospital could have been built on.
    The fact that the powers that be thought the conditions attached to this site were acceptable shows how far we need to go in separating church and state.
    And if government doesn't think there will be a backlash they are even more out of touch than they appear.
    Catholic Ireland died in the pile of abuse committed by the clergy and covered up by the hierarchy. But some people still haven't realised that.

That isn't true though. You are propagating a fake story.
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread moved from Help Desk

Appeals against cards and forum bans are dealt with in the Dispute Resolution forum

Before an appeal can proceed though you must attempt to resolve this with the relevant mod via PM. If that is unsuccessful you can return to this thread and post the full PM exchange. A CMod will then consider your appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Beasty wrote: »
    Thread moved from Help Desk

Appeals against cards and forum bans are dealt with in the Dispute Resolution forum

Before an appeal can proceed though you must attempt to resolve this with the relevant mod via PM. If that is unsuccessful you can return to this thread and post the full PM exchange. A CMod will then consider your appeal

I have tried to resolve it with the mod.
    smacl wrote:
    'You are propagating a fake story' is essentially calling someone a liar. Not allowed here and also uncivil. Card stands.
    You are editorialising my comment. I never implied ill intent.
    Why are you not sanctioning bellbottoms for several personal attacks?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117355490&postcount=110

smacl wrote:
    Dear Yellow_Fern,

You have been infracted for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

smacl

Your post:
    Bannasidhe wrote: »
    They are getting ownership of a state of the art, publicly paid for, maternity hospital. A very valuable asset.
    And it's not costing them a brass farthing.
    It remains to be seen what they will be looking for further along the line.
    The State already owns land the hospital could have been built on.
    The fact that the powers that be thought the conditions attached to this site were acceptable shows how far we need to go in separating church and state.
    And if government doesn't think there will be a backlash they are even more out of touch than they appear.
    Catholic Ireland died in the pile of abuse committed by the clergy and covered up by the hierarchy. But some people still haven't realised that.

That isn't true though. You are propagating a fake story.

The sisters dont gain ownership. It has simple as that. You cant yellow card for that.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posts deleted

Please note only the OP, CMod dealing with an appeal or Admins can post in DRP threads unless invited to post by CMod/Admin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi Yellow_Fern, I'm looking into it and I'll get back to you soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi again, I've gone through the thread in question and looked at your posts, included the ones that were edited by moderators and the other one you received a yellow card for. The one you're disputing here is for a one line post alleging that someone is propagating a fake story without any evidence or even explanation, which is in my opinion telling them that they're lying, albeit not overtly. In the Atheism & Agnosticism forum that does warrant a mod action, especially against the background of your other posts in the thread.

If that had been actioned before the post you received the yellow card for, you'd have received a yellow card for that one and a red for the other to be honest. Some of your language in that thread is inflammatory and in one instance offensive. So although the timing of the actioned posts is off, caused by a glitch on the technical side causing delays in notifications recently, I feel that upholding the card is the right thing to do.

You can have an admin review my decision if you like? Either way, I would advise you to read the A&A forum charter and reconsider your posting style before posting in the forum again.

• Advertisement

Hi again, I've gone through the thread in question and looked at your posts, included the ones that were edited by moderators and the other one you received a yellow card for. The one you're disputing here is for a one line post alleging that someone is propagating a fake story without any evidence or even explanation, which is in my opinion telling them that they're lying, albeit not overtly. In the Atheism & Agnosticism forum that does warrant a mod action, especially against the background of your other posts in the thread.

If that had been actioned before the post you received the yellow card for, you'd have received a yellow card for that one and a red for the other to be honest. Some of your language in that thread is inflammatory and in one instance offensive. So although the timing of the actioned posts is off, caused by a glitch on the technical side causing delays in notifications recently, I feel that upholding the card is the right thing to do.

You can have an admin review my decision if you like? Either way, I would advise you to read the A&A forum charter and reconsider your posting style before posting in the forum again.

Propagating a fake story is not the same as same as calling someone a liar. Much fake news is carried and published unknowingly. In the other posts I explained how the ownership works. Regarding some as barbaric is not offensive. I dont think it is far to say any of my language is offensive but i appreciate the engagement.

The words 'parasitic balls of cells' are extremely offensive, even if you were only using them to make point.

Would you like an admin to review this for you?

The words 'parasitic balls of cells' are extremely offensive, even if you were only using them to make point.

Would you like an admin to review this for you?

Well as you might see, the comment was a critique of the term, which was not highlighted by any of the mods. They claimed the word killing was offensive. Ill let you know about the review. Thanks.

Advertisement