Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice period

Options
  • 06-06-2021 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Very quick question. Moved into current apartment January 2020 on a 12 month lease. Still living there at the minute. Assume only need to give 30 days notice for when I want to leave, without penalty?

Thanks

Comments

antodeco wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Very quick question. Moved into current apartment January 2020 on a 12 month lease. Still living there at the minute. Assume only need to give 30 days notice for when I want to leave, without penalty?

Thanks

Seems about right, your tenancy is legally over, one Months notice is spot on. Assume you have contract clearly stating it was a 12Month lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

42 days for a tenancy between 1 and 2 years.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Smee_Again wrote: »
    42 days for a tenancy between 1 and 2 years.

Perfect, thank you. Planning on getting out of the rental market in the coming weeks/months so want to have all my ducks in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Seems about right, your tenancy is legally over, one Months notice is spot on. Assume you have contract clearly stating it was a 12Month lease?

No it isn’t legally over because the term of the lease has ended. The term on the lease has ended, the tenancy has not. 42 days is the required notice to end the tenancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Why do people who have no idea of residential tenancy law comment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭ted1

antodeco wrote: »
    Perfect, thank you. Planning on getting out of the rental market in the coming weeks/months so want to have all my ducks in a row!

Many landlords are decent people. if you let them know your plans they’ll probably work with you. Ours did when we were renting. And as a landlord I do too

Advertisement