Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home button problem on phone from Amazon

Options
  • 07-06-2021 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

My daughter purchased a renewed iphone 8 plus last August from an Amazon 3rd party. It came with a 1 year guarantee. I read and assumed at the time it was with the Amazon Renewed Guarantee. I have yet to double check. A few days ago the home button started making a clicking buzzing noise when pressed. Does anyone know what the problem would be and would it be easily repairable?

I contacted the seller, as per Amazon help instructions, and received a reply with a link to create a Post Office return label to send the phone to their technicians. I have just replied to them explaining I am in Ireland and it would take too long through the postal system.

If it's easily repairable I would prefer to take it to a local repair shop and pay to fix it as she's 16 and needs the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Does it make the same buzzing noise when you flip the Silence switch on the side?

If so, it could be a loose Taptic Engine. (the bit of the phone that makes the vibrating feedback sensation). And if so, it's not a difficult fix for a phone repair shop (open up the screen and tighten the screws on the Taptic Engine).

here's a video of the process (not expecting you to do it yourself, just for info).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5oErCDp1A

Of course, it could be something else too.

Advertisement