Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Analogue channels on Sony Bravia

Options
  • 07-06-2021 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have just switched out a 20" Bush TV for a 32" Sony Bravia in the Kitchen.

On the Bush, I was using dual connections - 1 Coax straight from the roof antenna to the TV for RTE etc. and 1 Coax from a dish to a Manhattan set top box for UK channels.

I can get the UK channels fine on the Sony but it is not finding any analogue signals. I have put the analogue cable back into the Bush TV and RTE pops up fine.

What am I doing wrong ?. The Sony was in an apartment and is no longer needed there, hence the move. It is about 18 months old but I am not sure it has a Saor view tuner in it. It was bought in Powercity of that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is there a digital/analogue button on the remote control? If there is try selecting Digital and then retune. Saorview is digital, the analogue system no longer exists...see top left of remote...

51hU%2BDVmGaL._AC_SX679_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fulanoquetal

Is there a digital/analogue button on the remote control? If there is try selecting Digital and then retune. Saorview is digital, the analogue system no longer exists...see top left of remote...

51hU%2BDVmGaL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Duh me...that was it...sorted now thanks.

Advertisement