Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two lines &co on kids cheque

Options
  • 07-06-2021 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Both my kids got a cheque today and there are two lines with &co written on both. I understand this means it must go directly into a bank account and not be cashed as an added security measure. It does NOT say AC payee only.

However can these go into my account so I can then transfer it to their savings.....all accounts are in my name however.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,697 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

polydactyl wrote: »
    Both my kids got a cheque today and there are two lines with &co written on both. I understand this means it must go directly into a bank account and not be cashed as an added security measure. It does NOT say AC payee only.

However can these go into my account so I can then transfer it to their savings.....all accounts are in my name however.
    Legally that crossing is the same as when you add the A/C Payee Only bit. Some branches will return it unpaid if they spot it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

polydactyl wrote: »

Thanks polydactyl for taking the time to get in touch. 

Yes, you can lodge these to your own account if they're are crossed with & co.

They will need to be endorsed with the childrens names written on the back of the cheque. If your children are too young to write their name on the back, you can do this for them.  

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement