Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed roof replacement

• 07-06-2021 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking an advice regarding our shed roof... It is about 30m², and currently made of roofing felt on plywood. It has been water damaged one of its long sides (and it's getting worse of course). The purlins are still perfectly robust though.

1 - a couple of yrs ago the engineer who assessed the house advised to get it replaced "using profiled steel panels incorporating insulation", "for about €2500". I wonder if this price has still any meaning in today's market (and I assume it was only material cost ?)...? Any opinion on current cost incl. labour, anyone?

2 - as our budget might not be allowing for the insulated steel panels option, we were wondering how for an estimate of how much it would cost to replace it "like for like"... And how lasting this option would be (no idea when previous roof was put in place, unfortunately) ?

Thanks for any help with these questions (it may be silly but I'd like to have a hint of the answers before getting builders to quote on this job... we've had wool pulled over our eyes in similar matters in the past unfortunately :/)

Advertisement