Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid Supervision pay - Post primary

• 07-06-2021 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Does anybody know if we get paid for the extra covid supervision that we did from March to June?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ethical

There was a hell of a lot of supervision done on school yards with teachers dining out of the boot of their cars but it was ,of course,never mentioned at any meeting.This was all extra as teachers did not have access to a staffroom,kettle or microwave but of course that did not matter to management.It was so bad in some schools that those who were supposed to be on supervision did not bother turning up for their stint as they knew the "car-booters" would do the job by default...and management didnt even say "thank you very much!"
    Teachers wellbeing my a**e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Everybody did their bit extra during the pandemic. Some people had a particurlay hard time. And of course teachers did do their bit and adapted well.

Is the above really a post looking for more money because you had no access to a kettle for a bit?

Get a grip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ethical

Tut tut tut,who mentioned money,of course not and no way should money be even mentioned (unless its the money "owed to those that had signed up for supervision").I'm just making the point that teaching is at such a low now.Can you honestly say that the solicitor, (insert any profession you want here)etc.actually did without a kettle and worked out of the boot of his car during all this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

JP2000 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if we get paid for the extra covid supervision that we did from March to June?

Yes. Anyone assigned hours should have been paid. All assigned hours were expected to turn up.
    Anyone choosing to eat their lunch in their car did exactly that. All staff were thanked for their efforts this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭maude6868

I don't do supervision and I pay for the pleasure. It's crazy that one has to pay for something they never did, don't know why that hasn't been challenged. My question is during the months of lockdown nobody did supervision, therefore should I still have to pay for something I never did and during lockdown couldn't do. Do others who are in the supervision scheme get deducted for the lockdown months when no supervision was done?

• Advertisement
Advertisement