Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a home and moving moving abroad temporarily

Options
  • 07-06-2021 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a home for myself as a first time buyer. However, I also may be moving country for another job soon for 2-3 years.

I would obviously want to rent out my entire home during that time. Is this going to be an issue with the lender since my mortgage is not buy-to-let?
    What would the options be at that point? Would I be forced to sell the house or remortgage?
    Or just bite the bullet and keep paying myself and let a family member live there for free while I'm gone?

Anybody had similar situations?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Once you make the mortgage payment on time each month, the bank won't know or care.

You may need to change the insurance, and obviously there may be a tax liability on rental income.

Advertisement