Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refunded Transaction After Moving Bank

Options
  • 08-06-2021 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,

I cancelled my BOI credit card and closed my BOI Account a few months ago. An online retailer has since cancelled and refunded a transaction I had on the old card. I had set up the move between the two banks with the account switching forms with my new banks details. Will the refund be transferred to my new bank account automatically or do I need to contact the retailer to change this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

cimf wrote: »
    Hi there,

I cancelled my BOI credit card and closed my BOI Account a few months ago. An online retailer has since cancelled and refunded a transaction I had on the old card. I had set up the move between the two banks with the account switching forms with my new banks details. Will the refund be transferred to my new bank account automatically or do I need to contact the retailer to change this?

Thanks.
    Hi cimf

Thanks for the post. 

Is it a previously cancelled credit card or debit card the funds were returned to please? 

Many thanks, 

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cimf

Hi there,

Thanks.
    Hi cimf

Thanks for the post. 

Is it a previously cancelled credit card or debit card the funds were returned to please? 

Many thanks, 

Alison
    Hi Alison,

A credit card which was cancelled/closed back around March 2021. The refund was made to that credit card last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks.
    Hi cimf

Thanks for the post. 

Many thanks, 

Alison
    Hi Alison,

A credit card which was cancelled/closed back around March 2021. The refund was made to that credit card last week.
    Thanks for that. Our Credit Card Team should be able to locate this for you. 

If you give the Team a call on 0818251251, just to add they are experiencing high call volumes today. The lines are quieter in the morning, if you prefer you could give them a call after 9am in the morning. 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks,
    Alison

Advertisement