Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbnb no-show

Options
  • 08-06-2021 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

Has anybody ever had an Airbnb booking confirmed, but the host was a no-show? When we contacted the host he said he hadn't rented out the house for a year, I contacted Air BnB and they said the money was sent to the host. I'm just wondering what are the chances of getting my money back here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭893bet

Should be no problem. Make the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

893bet wrote: »
    Should be no problem. Make the claim.

I didn't cancel within 24 hrs of the start of the stay, I had to spend six hours looking for alternative accommodation. By the time I got settled in, I just crashed and forgot about cancelling the original one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭ted1

what did you pay for accommodation? I'd be getting Airbnb to cover those costs.

why would you cancel if he didn't turn up?

ted1 wrote: »
    what did you pay for accommodation? I'd be getting Airbnb to cover those costs.

why would you cancel if he didn't turn up?

The original place was €164 for 2 people for 3 nights and the alternative place was €120 for one night, I thought from what Airbnb said that cancellation is the way to initiate the refund process, but like I said we were both on our phones all day trying to get somewhere else. The host must be lying then about not accepting the booking, when we phoned him he said he was in work and he had absolutely no knowledge of the booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Seanachai wrote: »
    The original place was €164 for 2 people for 3 nights and the alternative place was €120 for one night, I thought from what Airbnb said that cancellation is the way to initiate the refund process, but like I said we were both on our phones all day trying to get somewhere else. The host must be lying then about not accepting the booking, when we phoned him he said he was in work and he had absolutely no knowledge of the booking.

Sounds like a scam listing. If the owner did not receive payment, he will confirm with Airbnb.

It sounds odd, but make sure you booked the correct listing. I had a guest turn up at my house and abuse me on the phone because no one was there to let her in. Turns out she had booked the wrong week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Had 2 bookings be paid + confirmed but no response from the actual host. Luckily this was 2 weeks before the date.

Lesson learned - don't trust any ads on airbnb.

Dav010 wrote: »
    Sounds like a scam listing. If the owner did not receive payment, he will confirm with Airbnb.

It sounds odd, but make sure you booked the correct listing. I had a guest turn up at my house and abuse me on the phone because no one was there to let her in. Turns out she had booked the wrong week.

Definitely the correct listing and the correct date, it shows in my account and I got a reminder this morning to leave a review.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Had 2 bookings be paid + confirmed but no response from the actual host. Luckily this was 2 weeks before the date.

Lesson learned - don't trust any ads on airbnb.

I'll definitely phone in advance from now on.

Advertisement