Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to send plumber over to property but tenant has not been vaccinated yet

Options
  • 08-06-2021 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have a tenant who has yet to be vaccinated. I need to send a plumber over to check on something but I'm not sure what to do considering it'll take a couple of more months for them to get the vaccine.

Is it okay to send a someone over if the plumber has been vaccinated themselves? So you would have a vaccinated person(the plumber) in the same house as a person who has yet to be vaccinated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Trades have always been allowed to visit houses of vaccinated or unvaccinated people to sort issues for people.

Its a non issue just tell them both to take the usual precautions with regards to masks and hand sanitizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

alicep_73 wrote: »
    I have a tenant who has yet to be vaccinated. I need to send a plumber over to check on something but I'm not sure what to do considering it'll take a couple of more months for them to get the vaccine.

Is it okay to send a someone over if the plumber has been vaccinated themselves? So you would have a vaccinated person(the plumber) in the same house as a person who has yet to be vaccinated?
    They'll just mask up as they've always done during this, do the job and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Get the tenant to stay well over 2m away from the plumber or mostly be in another room and wear a mask etc. No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Get the tenant to stay well over 2m away from the plumber or mostly be in another room and wear a mask etc. No problems.

Maybe its not a regular plumber ..😆

Unless thr tenant has a health issue . Dont see the problem.let them know of course before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

No problem especially if its an emergency tell the tenant to wear a mask and leave window open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

alicep_73 wrote: »

another made up post?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Just make sure there are no leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dennyk

It's fine to bring in tradespeople for essential services. If the plumber is vaccinated themselves, the risk to the tenant will be low to begin with, and even that small risk will be significantly mitigated if the tenant and the plumber both follow all the usual guidance (staying well apart, wearing masks, sanitising hands, etc.). I'm yet to be vaccinated and have had a couple folks come to the house for essential services; I just open all the windows and turn on all the fans, wear a mask, and go to another room or even just stand outside while they're in there working.

Advertisement