Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long time lurker

Options
  • 08-06-2021 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi been lurking on the motorbikes section here for a long time and decided it's time to join. Seems to be one of the best motorbike forums, couldn't even get in the front door of the other one 😄

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Banned!

I have me coat.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NailerO77

Esel wrote: »
    Banned!

I have me coat.

That's the one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

But it's the self-named.....

Ireland's Premier Motorbike Forum

....so it must be the best :eek:.
    I'd say the Freemasons are a doddle to join compared to that crowd of phuccwiths (just testing the swear-filter again :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Ah sure there's some chuckles over there directed at some of the geeks on here - two way highway and all that malarkey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

I direct more people to here than any other motorcycle page.
    Definitely a useful page and not too many sarcastic answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

goblin59 wrote: »

Go fcuk yourself.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

goblin59 wrote: »

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

ah, no you phukk yourself: I was here first :)

(another filter-buster) :)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Welcome buddy! :)

Nice to see forum activity increasing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 MaryKon

Sure look.. being a legend among legends can be stressful. Don't take yourself or the other gentlemen here too seriously and we'll all be grand. All of the heavy names from the dark side- literally all of them also lurk and post here under several aliases. Sometimes they'll even start criticism towards their own forum just to see who would join the ranting.

Welcome, join the craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

MaryKon wrote: »
    Sure look.. being a legend among legends can be stressful. Don't take yourself or the other gentlemen here too seriously and we'll all be grand. All of the heavy names from the dark side- literally all of them also lurk and post here under several aliases. Sometimes they'll even start criticism towards their own forum just to see who would join the ranting.

Welcome, join the craic!

Nah, cherice and custard aren't lurkers...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

phukkin' Judean People's Front....

......Splitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

MaryKon wrote: »
    Sure look.. literally all of them also lurk and post here under several aliases.

Welcome, join the craic!

Nawtin to hide, same username on both places :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Goose81

NailerO77 wrote: »
    Hi been lurking on the motorbikes section here for a long time and decided it's time to join. Seems to be one of the best motorbike forums, couldn't even get in the front door of the other one ��

Pity you couldn't get on the other forum it's alot better.

Do you need an invite or what's the issue joining?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Owner/Admin looks to have closed up invites. Think he likes the clique going on without adding numbers. It's his own private site so he can do as he chooses.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Sorry but what other site are you on about?

This one is very good.

Bíker.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NailerO77

Goose81 wrote: »
    Pity you couldn't get on the other forum it's alot better.

Do you need an invite or what's the issue joining?

Was a couple of years ago now at this stage, went through the whole registration thing a few times and nothing. Sure how bad, I'm here now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

GBX wrote: »
    Bíker.ie

I got banned from there for not posting often enough. Seriously.

And that was a few months after I gave away some biker gear for free on their ad system to other members on there .

It was a pity because there are some funny fu##ers on there.
    Some a##eholes too of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Zebbedee wrote: »

It was a pity because there are some funny fu##ers on there.
    Some a##eholes too of course.

There's a lot more a##eholes than funny fu##ers on there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

NailerO77 wrote: »
    Hi been lurking on the motorbikes section here for a long time and decided it's time to join. Seems to be one of the best motorbike forums, couldn't even get in the front door of the other one ��

Welcome, some good info here. I don't do facebook, but whatever bike you get there'll be an external forum dedicated to it which can be handy too. I hear facebook can be useful too but **** facebook, I personally wouldn't use it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I moderate a FB motorbike page. Big membership.

It's a bit of a zoo tbh. Loads of semi literate oafs and the "Needs nothing/won't be faulted" crowd too.

I boot out as many as I let in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

It's a bit of a zoo tbh. Loads of semi literate oafs and the "Needs nothing/won't be faulted" crowd too.

The semi literate thing is actually a thing, isn't it? Add in the cretins with their badly photoshopped, skull-laden 'Bikerz is a brotherhood' memes, too.

Which one is that :D

GBX wrote: »
    Which one is that :D

Couldn't possibly say.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Breezin

Not a fb fan, but the UK Interceptor group on there is brilliant. Great info, and zero juvenile posing and sneering as encountered on some forums.

Couldn't possibly say.

A ur no fun :pac:

I'm on quite a few groups. Bike specific ones are great. Plenty of info and tips from like minded riders.

Advertisement