Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rhododendron infestation

• 08-06-2021 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering what the best way to go about reporting rhododendron infestations along the roadside, as it is classified as an invasive plant is it the councils responsibility to control it and if so what department of clare county council should I write to, I'd hate to see it take over our areas in north clare and it seems to be a lot more prevalent this year especially, i travelled west cork and kerry recently and would hate to see it take over like it has done down there

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Millypenny

www.fixmystreet.ie is great for reporting issues like this to the County Council, you can pick out on a map exactly where the issue is. There is a category for tree and grass maintenance" which would probably fit the rhododendron infestation problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Millypenny wrote: »
    www.fixmystreet.ie is great for reporting issues like this to the County Council, you can pick out on a map exactly where the issue is. There is a category for tree and grass maintenance" which would probably fit the rhododendron infestation problem.

That's great, I'll do that this evening, hopefully something will be done about them before they get too dominant

Advertisement