Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deportation of Uyghurs to China by Muslim governments.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭SeanW

Wait, what ... anti-Semitism? Between this and the nonsense about the USA (which doesn't have much in the way of consensus these days), it looks to me like there's a great deal of interest in talking about anything except the Chinese Communist Party and its genocide (cultural or otherwise) of the Uighurs. Among many of the extreme evils the CCP is engaged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

SeanW wrote: »
    Wait, what ... anti-Semitism? Between this and the nonsense about the USA (which doesn't have much in the way of consensus these days), it looks to me like there's a great deal of interest in talking about anything except the Chinese Communist Party and its genocide (cultural or otherwise) of the Uighurs. Among many of the extreme evils the CCP is engaged in.

The USA preserves the bipartisan consensus on foreign policy. That's unambiguously true. Your ignorance is not evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Asking questions is one of the reasons for OPs on this site.

Yet still no opinion?
    Granted a discussion has started but you still haven't laid out a position?
    Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭sameoldname

The USA preserves the bipartisan consensus on foreign policy. That's unambiguously true. Your ignorance is not evidence.

Can you just tell us what you want us to call the camps so we can stop talking about the United States in a thread about China?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

It's mad, that China are doing pretty much what nazi Germany did...but because of their cheap labour sure we'll ignore it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Can you just tell us what you want us to call the camps so we can stop talking about the United States in a thread about China?

Schools; which is what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭sameoldname

Right, well no one actually believes that's all they are but you've had your say so can you let it go now?

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    It's mad, that China are doing pretty much what nazi Germany did...but because of their cheap labour sure we'll ignore it...

God bless capitalism

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Xi and the gang are constructing the most exquisitely intrusive police state in human history, one that aims to stifle the slightest dissent even before it emerges. One threat to this project lies in the outside world and most offensive there are Han Chinese choosing the rule of law and free speech, a terrifying precedent for the fascists in Beijing. Thus Hong Kong had to be crushed and Taiwan is in grave peril. The Uighurs are merely one example of what the PRC will do everywhere if it gets the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Better start brushing up.

• Advertisement

Xi Jinping is really doubling down on the old communism and Chinese nationalism. Get the feeling he might be a proper Marxist.

I'm pretty sure there would have been some posters nodding approvingly at the Germans back in the thirties or denying the concentration camps as knowledge of them began to leak out in the forties... This is utterly horrifying as a story and while it gets press attention, little has been done by any nation on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The onus is on the person making the positive claim.
    By all means, go ahead:

They were probably fighting for Daesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Most probably, I haven't seen any evidence for this alleged 'genocide' anyway.

You would think those genocide howlers would have managed to procure at least one verifiable video clip of all the dead bodies by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The CCP doesn't want Uyghurs activists, telling people what is going on, so that is why it is going after people in foreign countries. It is shameful, that they are being sent back, to a likely death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

You can't be using inaccurate usernames

100%. I'd love to chip in on this discussion but I don't have the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Not getting invovled in the username debacle during this regeneration cycle.

What the CCP is doing is criminal. They need to be stood up to. Appeasement hasnt worked in the past. The CCP are definitely a regional threat and growing global problem.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

archer22 wrote: »
    Most probably, I haven't seen any evidence for this alleged 'genocide' anyway.

You would think those genocide howlers would have managed to procure at least one verifiable video clip of all the dead bodies by now.
    I think it might have all started with a BBC Panorama 'documentary' which showed some buildings surrounded by high walls in Xinjiang which were 'correction camps' according to 'reliable reports' of course.
    I stopped reading the CNN link when I got to the 'alleged deportations' bit.

Anyhow the Uyghers couldn't be treated any worse than the Shias in Saudi Arabia which little is known about as the Saudis are our allies ('our' meaning EU and US) which of course means they are the good guys unlike the Chinese.

wes wrote: »
    The CCP doesn't want Uyghurs activists, telling people what is going on, so that is why it is going after people in foreign countries. It is shameful, that they are being sent back, to a likely death.

And particularly shameful that Muslim countries are doing it. No big surprise that Kinahan’s friends in Dubai are involved, and the Saudis:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/uyghurs-are-being-deported-from-muslim-countries-raising-concerns-about-china-s-growing-reach-1.5460770

Imran Khan was asked about the Uighurs and claimed he didn’t know enough about the subject to comment on it. That’s the future for a lot of leaders and it will suit many of them just fine.

WrenBoy wrote: »

Better start brushing up.

Exactly. Sports stars in the West are already feeling the pressure from Beijing, a wee taste of what many more of us may be going through soon enough.

• Advertisement

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Exactly. Sports stars in the West are already feeling the pressure from Beijing, a wee taste of what many more of us may be going through soon enough.

Wow you are a sports star :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

I think it might have all started with a BBC Panorama 'documentary' which showed some buildings surrounded by high walls in Xinjiang which were 'correction camps' according to 'reliable reports' of course.
    I stopped reading the CNN link when I got to the 'alleged deportations' bit.

Anyhow the Uyghers couldn't be treated any worse than the Shias in Saudi Arabia which little is known about as the Saudis are our allies ('our' meaning EU and US) which of course means they are the good guys unlike the Chinese.

So the country that drives over it's own citizens with tanks isn't capable of incarcerating an ethnic minority that it would possibly consider to be "not fully aligned" with it's political views?

Or was Tianamen Square faked by the MSM also?

As for the argument that other countries also treat minorities in despicable so what's the difference? None of course- political expediency operates globally. In terms of this thread though, the issue is in China.

I would say my naivity shines through at just how supine these Muslim countries are at returning people to China- an incredible betrayal of people of their own faith. None of this excuses China one bit, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

The CCP have the liberal left media and commentators onboard also. Anyone who questions their actions is obviously a gun totting, Donald Trump supporting, anti Asian racist.

archer22 wrote: »
    Wow you are a sports star :cool:

I’m a random Internet loon but even nobodies like myself may not be too inconsequential to earn the wrath of the CCP in the coming wondrous age of harmony and order.

hirondelle wrote: »

As for the argument that other countries also treat minorities in despicable so what's the difference? None of course- political expediency operates globally. In terms of this thread though, the issue is in China.

Primitive tyrannies like KSA are mainly a problem for their own people; China’s unparalleled economic rise already gives its ruling thugs global reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

TefalBrain wrote: »
    The CCP have the liberal left media and commentators onboard also. Anyone who questions their actions is obviously a gun totting, Donald Trump supporting, anti Asian racist.

Ardillaun wrote: »
    I’m a random Internet loon but even nobodies like myself may not be too inconsequential to earn the wrath of the CCP in the coming wondrous age of harmony and order.

Won't argue with you there.

TefalBrain wrote: »

I see a growing American consensus on the unique threat posed by China:
    The U.S. Senate voted 68-32 on Tuesday to approve a sweeping package of legislation intended to boost the country's ability to compete with Chinese technology.

An indignant China responded to the vote by saying it objected to being cast as an "imaginary" U.S. enemy.

The desire for a hard line in dealings with China is one of the few bipartisan sentiments in the deeply divided U.S. Congress, which is narrowly controlled by President Joe Biden's fellow Democrats.

The measure authorizes about $190 billion for provisions to strengthen U.S. technology and research - and would separately approve spending $54 billion to increase U.S. production and research into semiconductors and telecommunications equipment, including $2 billion dedicated to chips used by automakers that have seen massive shortages and made significant production cuts.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-senate-set-pass-sweeping-bill-address-china-tech-threat-2021-06-08/

The CCP has a long history of chasing down those who they perceive as Chinese citizens but who haven't conformed (re-educated) to being the "acceptable" version of being Chinese. They want the Uighurs returned so that they can be re-educated to conform to these Chinese standards. They did the same with Tibet/Mongolia, and they'll do the same with any territory that remains part of China.

That's what's going on... Is it nice? Nope. Not even slightly. Is it surprising? Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You'd think Muslim rulers would want to protect Muslims from persecution.

Advertisement