Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booing the knee *Mod Note in Post 1232 and OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Twisting? I've asked for proof of the things being thrown around on the thread and not one person has been able to back any of it up.

And now you've claimed that this discourse was present without the knee-taking, but can't back yourself up when I asked you to be specific.

No twisting needed. Your post was inaccurate and you got called on it

Good Post. You've gone above and beyond there in providing actual examples. That's all you can do really. As you said, I would also like to see proof of these accusations, if it could be shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Why do you keep peddling this lie that BLM were responsible for wanton death and destruction?

"The Black Lives Matter uprisings were remarkably nonviolent. When there was violence, very often police or counterprotesters were reportedly directing it at the protesters."

3.7% of protest events were associated with property damage or vandalism (including damages by persons not involved in the actual demonstration); and protesters or bystanders were injured or killed in 1.6% of events."

From research carried out by the Harvard Radcliffe Institute but I supposed they're too "lefty" for you.

2 billion dollars worth of damage in the rioting , shootings up in every major city . An extra 1000 people murdered compared to the previous year , most victims being black btw. Violent crime up across the country , Police and community relations at an all time low . Cops leaving the force due to low morale . BLM has done nothing except create a massive divide between communites and the police which, ironically enough, ends up with more young black men dead . At least one of the BLM leaders got a few mansions in white neighborhoods out of it .

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

It's fine. He's a troll, constantly twisting posts, and seeking to push buttons. I've ignored him.

Done and done.

I think you've been too harsh here but the ignore button is there for a reason and if it makes the forum more harmonious then it's understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭NoLuckLarry

Not racist, but certainly ambivalent or indifferent and probably selfish if not indeed stupid.

How about if some of your team mates had been targeted for the colour of their skin?

Would you join in the final huddle pysching each other up before leaving the dressing room and shout things like 'Let's go lads, we're all in this together' or 'we're a team's but add at the end, 'but not you guys'?

Is that not what you would be doing in such an instance for fear of being accused of being 'woke' or something?

His stance is completely fine, not everybody needs to share your white knight complex when it comes to this issue. Being indifferent to it is completely acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

MarkEadie wrote: »
    I think you've been too harsh here but the ignore button is there for a reason and if it makes the forum more harmonious then it's understandable.

To me, it's obvious that he was caught up in his own rubbish.

He tried to claim that this level of discourse was happening anyway, with or without the knee taking.

That is blatantly untrue. When I asked him to show me another thread like this one, an actual example of the discourse he claims was present before, he realised he couldn't and chose to stick his fingers in his ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I suppose you think that the "insurrection" was ok too?

I mean, that was mostly peaceful.

Was it? Which part was peaceful? You should probably tell the FBI, I'm sure they'll rush to take this down from their most wanted page:

"The FBI is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying individuals who made unlawful entry into the U.S. Capitol building and committed various other alleged criminal violations, such as destruction of property, assaulting law enforcement personnel, targeting members of the media for assault, and other unlawful conduct, on January 6, 2021, in Washington, D.C."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

His stance is completely fine, not everybody needs to share your white knight complex when it comes to this issue. Being indifferent to it is completely acceptable.

Showing solidarity with team mates is 'white knighting' now but leaving them to be abused is completely fine?

Is that what you are saying?

Showing solidarity with team mates is 'white knighting' now but leaving them to be abused is completely fine?

Is that what you are saying?

Admonishing him for not jumping in to sort perceived injustices that "might" happen is white knighting. The posters stance is that he treats everyone equally, which is fine in my view don't know what else you want from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

BuT tHe InSuRrEcTiOn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭elvui

You've already failed on this pal, when you presented a post calling someone racist for OPPOSSING taking the knee as proof that someone is being called racist for not having one stance or the other.

But since you asked, i'll give you another go.

There are many other options but we'll kick off with these ones.

Some Neck. Was a nice fast Ninja delete of a post like half an hour ago. Should have screen grabbed it. Saying something like. "how is booing taking the knee not Racist."

• Advertisement

elvui wrote: »
    Some Neck. Was a nice fast Ninja delete of a post like half an hour ago. Should have screen grabbed it. Saying something like. "how is booing taking the knee not Racist."

More lies that won't be backed up.

And......... did you just re-reg to have a go at me? That's weird!

Admonishing him for not jumping in to sort perceived injustices that "might" happen is white knighting. The posters stance is that he treats everyone equally, which is fine in my view don't know what else you want from him.

FFS.
    Are we not allowed respond to posts now? Is that how this discussion board should work in your view?

The posters stance is that he would treat his team mates fairly but wouldn't support them publicly. That's what he said. Can that not be pointed out?

I don't want anything from him, he contributed here, we are entitled to respond.

is it untrue ?

Lol.
    Will probably ask later 'show evidence that I've been racist?'

Which account mate? :rolleyes:

elvui wrote: »
    is it untrue ?

Yes.

Yes.

I'm sure the mods can review deleted posts. So I will leave it there.

FFS.
    Are we not allowed respond to posts now? Is that how this discussion board should work in your view?

The posters stance is that he would treat his team mates fairly but wouldn't support them publicly. That's what he said. Can that not be pointed out?

I don't want anything from him, he contributed here, we are entitled to respond.

I think his post was fairly straightforward, he's not against taking a knee but he's not going to do it himself because morally, he takes everyone at the same value. Then you jump in and accuse him of being "selfish" and arrange these scenarios with a "you really wouldn't do this if this happened??!!" gotcha.

You are literally taking what he said and twisting it in to an attack because you perceive his lack of interest in this nonsense gesture to mean he would turn a blind eye to people being racially abused. It's twitter logic....

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Fr D Maugire

You've already failed on this pal, when you presented a post calling someone racist for OPPOSSING taking the knee as proof that someone is being called racist for not having one stance or the other.

Dude, the poster said they would not want to take the knee. That is not a neutral position. You either agree with taking the knee, in which case you would have no problem kneeling it or you disagree and do not take the knee. If you are neutral you say I have no opinion on taking the knee.

Was it? Which part was peaceful? You should probably tell the FBI, I'm sure they'll rush to take this down from their most wanted page:

"The FBI is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying individuals who made unlawful entry into the U.S. Capitol building and committed various other alleged criminal violations, such as destruction of property, assaulting law enforcement personnel, targeting members of the media for assault, and other unlawful conduct, on January 6, 2021, in Washington, D.C."

The amount of people present to the amount of people who commited crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Fr D Maugire

Not racist, but certainly ambivalent or indifferent and probably selfish if not indeed stupid.

How about if some of your team mates had been targeted for the colour of their skin?

Would you join in the final huddle pysching each other up before leaving the dressing room and shout things like 'Let's go lads, we're all in this together' or 'we're a team's but add at the end, 'but not you guys'?

Is that not what you would be doing in such an instance for fear of being accused of being 'woke' or something?

This is a genuine question. Do you have any close friends who are actually from minority backgrounds? If so, where?

• Advertisement

Dude, the poster said they would not want to take the knee. That is not a neutral position.

Really?
    Omackeral wrote: »
    I wouldn’t boo the knee nor would I want to take the knee. A middle ground, imagine that..

Sounds like a neutral position to me.

Now, unless you're his lawyer, i'm not sure why you keep talking for him. Give it up.

I think his post was fairly straightforward, he's not against taking a knee but he's not going to do it himself because morally, he takes everyone at the same value. Then you jump in and accuse him of being "selfish" and arrange these scenarios with a "you really wouldn't do this if this happened??!!" gotcha.

You are literally taking what he said and twisting it in to an attack
    because you perceive his lack of interest in this nonsense gesture to mean he would turn a blind eye to people being racially abused. It's twitter logic....

He brought team mates in to it, I responded as to what that would really look like.

How else am I supposed to perceive something other than how he said it? There's some nonsense going around alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The amount of people present to the amount of people who commited crimes.

Does this logic not apply to the BLM protests as well or just when it suits you?

Does this logic not apply to the BLM protests as well or just when it suits you?

I think this is what they call in football..... a Slam Dunk!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

ulster wrote: »
    I don't understand why the Republic of Ireland team have to take the knee. Irish history/current life has nothing to do with enslaving Africans or the Black Lives Matter protests/issues in America.

The Hungarians were right to boo the Irish team. They're a disgrace for bringing a foreign political problem to a friendly international.
    Agreed.

This is not an Irish issue and we have nothing to do with it. Arguably we're on the side of the slaves moreso than the slaveholders given our history.

It's that kind of take which says it all really.

Treating people as equal is not enough for you.

Do you encounter much racism in your daily life?

This is a genuine question. Do you have any close friends who are actually from minority backgrounds? If so, where?

Yes. Middle East, Asia, America.

Genuine question, why do you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You're allowed burn things when you're on the left.

What has been bandied about that you need proof of?

How's the proof-finding going? Find anything yet?

• Advertisement

I think this is what they call in football..... a Slam Dunk!

Nawwww.. bless.

My whole point was that you guys were saying that BLM were mostly peaceful and shouldn't be tarred as a bad thing.

The insurrection was equally peaceful and has been lauded as one of the worst things to happen in America.

My opinion is both the insurrection and BLM were horrible movements full of thugs and violence (BLM even more so)

Do you agree?

Advertisement