Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booing the knee *Mod Note in Post 1232 and OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Also the ref blew, took a knee but the players held off for a couple more seconds because they knew the cue for the specific part of the song and didn't kneel until the music got loud.

There was no conspiracy, there just wasn't much booing as the tweet you posted put it a "smattering".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ahwell wrote: »
    There was no conspiracy, there just wasn't much booing as the tweet you posted put it a "smattering".

The only real booing I heard was for the anthems, as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Music did not get louder. There were boos and then others cheered to drown them out.

The singing was louder. It was timed to a point where the chorus kicked in

The singing was louder. It was timed to a point where the chorus kicked in

If there was significant booing it would of been heard...it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

If there was significant booing it would of been heard...it wasn't.

I've never heard music as loud at the kickoff of a game. Wonder why.

• Advertisement

Whatever, the fact remains there was very little booing.

Good.

So that will stop people whining about racism so. No booing, racism is gone. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

How can you tell when the music is turned up to 11?

lol...plenty of booing now...all football related.

I could still hear the crowd over the music.

• Advertisement

lol...plenty of booing now...all football related.

They were booing Marxism because the points were distributed equally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

They were booing Marxism because the points were distributed equally.

LOL glad I had put down my drink

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Cordell

Maybbe the cheers were not for the knee but to drown out the boos. To show not all fans are so cras

Oh yeah, conflict and division spilling over into the stands, BLM working wonders again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭archfi

England might as well have knelt all through that match going on that performance.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

There's an anti-racism rally in Smithfield tomorrow, I'm sure the posters here demanding an alternative to taking the knee would only be delighted to attend and show their support for the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

There's an anti-racism rally in Smithfield tomorrow, I'm sure the posters here demanding an alternative to taking the knee would only be delighted to attend and show their support for the cause.

I had to look it up. It's called the Rally Against Hate and it's on Saturday at 2pm in Smithfield. You couldn't just mention/promote it without having a dig at people? It's as if you don't really care about it yourself...

Are you going?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Anti-Racism rally, more like Middle Class white saviour clap-on-the-back fest.

I really do hope this woke fad is a flash in the pan because it has the potential to divide and eventually disintegrate western society.

10 years ago, the left wing seemed to stand for common sense but now the lunatics are running the asylum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

John Doe1 wrote: »

I really do hope this woke fad is a flash in the pan because it has the potential to divide and eventually disintegrate western society.

10 years ago, the left wing seemed to stand for common sense but now the lunatics are running the asylum

Ah to be fair it's also keeps finding going to the many new anti facism, far right, racist etc NGOs and NGO groups who's middle class workers need to be employed

You couldn't just mention/promote it without having a dig at people?
    John Doe1 wrote: »

You mean the people who have a dig at anything that promotes anti-racism?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

This will go right of the head of the activists as the majority of them have never been to a match or even watched one on the tele...they are here now for the gesture only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

To be fair you can quite clearly hear the cheers..

You mean the people who have a dig at anything that promotes anti-racism?

Lol. One gesture. People are having a dig at one gesture.

If people with the same attitude are attending the rally, I'll be giving it a miss thanks.

I see Sinead O'Connor is urging people to attend. That's another reason for me to pass on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Cordell

I'm sure things like justiceforgeorge will derail any sane message they might promote.

If people with the same attitude are attending the rally, I'll be giving it a miss thanks.

I see Sinead O'Connor is urging people to attend. That's another reason for me to pass on it

Conveniently ignoring the quote from the poster who had a dig at the rally. Some people just don't agree with any anti-racism gestures. Why is that, in your opinion?

Sinead O'Connor: "I am speaking out because we are heading in a very frightening direction where people are being allowed to incite racial hatred, and misguided people are joining right-wing groups."

She's not wrong.

You seem to be having digs against literally every gesture including this rally. People are free to check your history of discussing the issue of racism, it's downplaying its existence or getting annoyed at those who highlight it.

You seem to be having digs against literally every gesture including this rally. People are free to check your history of discussing the issue of racism, it's downplaying its existence or getting annoyed at those who highlight it.

I guess not seeing everything as a racist issue may be misconstrued as downplaying it and I do indeed get heated by people who play the racism card when it's not warranted, because it allows actual racism to fly under the radar when everything is racist.

You only have to look at posts on this thread who label anyone opposing the knee as racist or stupid.

And I haven't had a dig at "literally every gesture", the knee and now this rally are pretty much the only gestures I've discussed. And the reason I wouldn't go to a rally like this is because no doubt I wouldn't be anti-racist enough despite being wholly against racism.

Sinead O'Connor: "I am speaking out because we are heading in a very frightening direction where people are being allowed to incite racial hatred, and misguided people are joining right-wing groups."

She's not wrong.

She isn't, but the irony is that it's the likes of BLM who have caused and perpetuate racial hatred and are turning people to right wing groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

She isn't, but the irony is that it's the likes of BLM who have caused and perpetuate racial hatred and are turning people to right wing groups.

Bills have to be paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Anything Sinead o Connor is for I'm the polar opposite so I'm for right wing groups all the way.

Advertisement