Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Check Letter

Options
  • 09-06-2021 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I (very briefly - 9 months) moved to Northern Ireland for work a few years ago (2015). When I did, my employer at the time made me open an account with BoI in Newry.

I am now applying for a mortgage here in RoI but the lender wants a foreign credit check due to the existence of non-domestic bank accounts. The UK credit check agencies do not have any information about me due to my lack of activity, so the bank are now asking for a letter from the bank in the UK to confirm my account is dormant and that I have no loans or active accounts.

I tried to call customer service but couldn't get anywhere, and my contact at the Newry branch from 2015/2016 has not replied to my emails - what is the best way for me to request this letter from BoI?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

misterf wrote: »
    I (very briefly - 9 months) moved to Northern Ireland for work a few years ago (2015). When I did, my employer at the time made me open an account with BoI in Newry.

I am now applying for a mortgage here in RoI but the lender wants a foreign credit check due to the existence of non-domestic bank accounts. The UK credit check agencies do not have any information about me due to my lack of activity, so the bank are now asking for a letter from the bank in the UK to confirm my account is dormant and that I have no loans or active accounts.

I tried to call customer service but couldn't get anywhere, and my contact at the Newry branch from 2015/2016 has not replied to my emails - what is the best way for me to request this letter from BoI?
    Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

In this instance, it would be best to link in with the branch directly to see if it is possible to provide a letter outlining this. Would it be possible to send us a Private Message with your full name? We'd be happy to link in with the branch to look into this further for you. 

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement