Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airwire User

Options
  • 09-06-2021 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭

I am having difficulty connecting to several (that I know of) URLs including Netflix and its speedtest.
    At times it appears to be due to some HTTPS difficulty or related.
    Is anyone else having this difficulty?
    This affects multiple devices on the LAN so is not device specific.
    Maybe some corruption in the router would cause this?
    But, I have successfully connected to these sites using a VPN.

I have sent support at Airwire several emails without reply, to see if they are having some difficulty.

This is what I get when trying
    fast.com
    speedtest, which is "powered by Netflix".

Fast.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

I wonder if there was ACL changes made during the DDOS attacks that are impacting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Airwire got back to me yesterday and they are attempting to find the problem, without any luck so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RoundCube

Actually looks very similar to my Vodafone problems: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058191736

Try to use httping to probe various addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I got it soprted over the weekend.

I found buried deep in the router the IPv4 routing page which had a bunch of entries.
    Most of them were related to Netflix.

I disabled all entries and was back to normal use again.

I certainly did not put those there intentionally.
    In fact I had never accessed that page previously, so it was rather a surprise to me.

These might have been related to my testing using a VPN but that is only a guess on my part.

So not a netflix and not an ISP problem ...... all mine it seems.

Advertisement