Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three MBB+

Options
  • 09-06-2021 3:37pm

Not sure if anyone has this. Anyway my neighbors have it up there. They get 25 down an 25 up. The installation was about 160 euro. Ive contacted three about this. The guy was saying that we're just outside of range and the neighbors are just "on the edge" of coverage. My neighbors are no more than 20-30 metres away. I feel like im being hard done by here and need the broadband for work stuff as right now i cant work physically work. Has anyone else encountered this issue with 3 and know how to resolve it. I know my neighbors work from home i tried making that clear that i will be too to them. I dont know if its a case of you only get it if you actually have a job where you work from home kind of thing and i didnt make it clear enough that i need to. The little box on their house is no more than a few metres away from me. Is there any solution to this issue? Can i get them down. I would of thought that an antenna would work though its apparently illegal but surely that would put me in range. Any help here guys in what i can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Is this the new 5G pro plan from three.
    199 install, 55 a month?
    Where they install an external antenna?

They wont install for me either as im just outside the 5G signal area, I would imagine it has something to do with the trees around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RoundCube

coolisin wrote: »
    199 install, 55 a month?

They wont install for me either as im just outside the 5G signal area, I would imagine it has something to do with the trees around me.
    Most likely it's something about bureacracy and scripted humans.

Radiowaves do not work like that, they can't stop at an imaginary boundary.

In case your neighbours have the signal you would have it too, it may be bit weaker but 20-30 meters and some trees can't make much difference.

coolisin wrote: »
    199 install, 55 a month?

I think so though my neighbors dont have pure 5g so there still 4g but can upgrade when 5g is available.. I think theyre still on 4g from what i understand but yeh the yoke cost about 199 euro or something. It sucks literally less than 50 meters away with a clear line of sight

RoundCube wrote: »

In case your neighbours have the signal you would have it too, it may be bit weaker but 20-30 meters and some trees can't make much difference.

Any suggestions on what i can do there about it mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Yeah I know!!
    Its when you put my eircode in you see me not sitting in 5g coverage but litterly around the house you do ok three's map.
    So when I asked about the pro install I was told no also as I take it they look at the map and go no not there.

• Advertisement

Wexman1992 wrote: »
    Any suggestions on what i can do there about it mate?

You may try to buy an unlocked terminal (even with an external antenna), purchase a SIM-only plan and see if it would work for you.

Also I would recommend to speak with other 5G-enabled companies, AFAIK Vodafone and Eir offer something now. Also there is https://5gbroadband.ie/

You may try to buy an unlocked terminal (even with an external antenna), purchase a SIM-only plan and see if it would work for you.

Also I would recommend to speak with other 5G-enabled companies, AFAIK Vodafone and Eir offer something now. Also there is https://5gbroadband.ie/

Sorry whats an unlocked terminal.Do you mean a unlocked 4g sim router?

Also whats the story with that link? Is it some kind of company? If the other 3 big providers cant offer 5g 5gbroadband hardly can right

> Do you mean a unlocked 4g sim router?

Why, 5G one. They can gracefully fallback to 4G. Even if you can't receive 5G signal (but you may be able to do so with a good external antenna) it may become available in foreseeable future.

> If the other 3 big providers cant offer 5g 5gbroadband hardly can right

You may try speak with these guys. AFAIK they are the only company on the market which uses all 3 major networks to deliver their service so they may be your best bet. You may ask them to come and test if any signal is available in your area. From what I've heard they won't mind doing that for free and usually they have several terminal models to test.

I believe that they don't have their own network, I believe that they have a small datacenter but piggybacking on major providers to actually deliver you the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

CONTACT INFORMATION
    Phone: 083 066 17 81
    Mail: info@5gbrodband.ie

That looks hella amateur.
    Registrant Contact Information:
    NameREDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Organization
    Address
    City
    Postal Code

Some dude in Donegal reselling an SME deal with one of the MNOs. Skeptical any one customer is actually on all three.
    I believe that they don't have their own network, I believe that they have a small datacenter but piggybacking on major providers to actually deliver you the service.

Its guaranteed they don't, it'd be illegal and put them on the hook for huge fines.

Yeah, the company looks like a "hella amateur", I agree.

Though read reviews like this one: https://www.trustpilot.com/users/60663edae02941001b611a8b

People reporting that these guys were somehow able to provide decent 5G connection at some distant places where major MBB ISPs failed.

Seems like they actually can do bit more than major providers, probably (just my guess) they may utilize different towers from different providers for one multistream connection (MSA, multi-steam aggregation).

AFAIK both LTE and 5G do support multistream but usually you are expected to be limited to just one provider's towers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement