Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl refund store of purchase

Options
  • 09-06-2021 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

So for the umpteen time lidl has made a mistake and given me the run around to get a refund (of for 1.50, customer care eventually gave me 5 only because I've lidl plus, 3 days and many WhatsApp later)

I THINK this time it was a waste not previously scanned at the sticker price then at full price

I was down in trim as herself lives in navan, I went back to my local branch (blanch centre) to be told by a worker (who I assumed asked the manager) to go back to trim for refund

I can't see it under their refund policy and customer care didn't repeat the line to me

As I said, I thought all lidl under the one management, not franchise like say supervalu, so surely refund can be processed in any branch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're all the same company but that doesn't mean they can process refunds for mistakes everywhere. They do returns in different stores but that's quite different to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

usually you would be expected to return tp the store that made a mistake, unless their T's&C's explicitly state otherwise.

It appears to be an assumption on your part. And we all know what happens what you ASSuME! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Lidl have overtaken SuperValu for pricing errors.

Not sure whether it's staff putting signs out early/ leaving them too long or just poor internal controls.

Then you have to almost beg for a receipt.

And if you choose an item with a 30% off sticker, it's 50/50 that it is applied.

After four errors on one trip about a month ago I simply no longer go there.

What is it with their policy of no receipts unless you ask?

Darc19 wrote: »

Environmental reasons - its non-recyclable paper, it can only be burnt or let eventually rot (which isn't quick). More and more stores are doing this, its really only Tesco and Dunnes that still auto-print at least amongst where I go.

The problematic stuff in them for recycling purposes can include BPA which isn't very nice.

Lidl may be going even harder on it to try encourage people to use the Lidl+ app and give them all that lovely consumer data, but its not the main reason for moving away from printed receipts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Think I'll just walk from till to shelf and check EVERYTHING and be some laugh if staff don't like it

I think some of the stickers they have to press a button (not a big effort you'd think) so that where seems too fall down, should be bigger stickers etc or just make them ONLY thing you can scan

I noticed same attitude when car phone holder broke, had to ring customer care and run a muk (funny enough a picture of a recipet wouldn't do, but now they push virtual in app apps)

Seems they have gotten too comfort as people flocked to them for alternative without much effort on their part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Considering there are thousands of products, I’d allow some leeway for human error on pricing.

Dav010 wrote: »
    Considering there are thousands of products, I’d allow some leeway for human error on pricing.

Yeah i would, but then dont ask someone to drive from blanch to trim for 1.50

Whats even worse is she scanned the waste not items, scanned something else, then somehow managed to scan one of the waste not items in my trolley as full price :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

jeffk wrote: »
    Yeah i would, but then dont ask someone to drive from blanch to trim for 1.50

Whats even worse is she scanned the waste not items, scanned something else, then somehow managed to scan one of the waste not items in my trolley as full price :confused:

I suspect most people would not drive to either for €1.50, but if you did have to, driving to the store where you bought the goods would be your best bet.

Interestingly, whenever I've had a Lidl product issue - rare, so not recently - they posted out vouchers. Very plausibly nobody in the office to do that now.

L1011 wrote: »
    Interestingly, whenever I've had a Lidl product issue - rare, so not recently - they posted out vouchers. Very plausibly nobody in the office to do that now.

Think the lidl plus app is the main way they send golden handshakes now (assuming you have it, if not then good luck or go back to shop)

• Advertisement

Dav010 wrote: »

Where I am we have in excess of 3,000 lines. A good pos system is not difficult to keep updated and have a cross check system so to ensure accuracy.

We're independent.

A large company like Lidl should not have pricing errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Buffman

jeffk wrote: »
    So for the umpteen time lidl has made a mistake and given me the run around to get a refund (of for 1.50, customer care eventually gave me 5 only because I've lidl plus, 3 days and many WhatsApp later)

So you ended up €3.50 to the better and didn't have to go back to Trim? Sounds like a happy ending to me.
    A large company like Lidl should not have pricing errors.

Generally they don't on the system, I find the main issues arise from discounts not being applied. Either the till operator missing the 30% off sticker or scanning the item barcode instead of the 'waste not' sticker, or the Lidl discount app not working as it should.

I find customer service fine to deal with and any issues I had were resolved quickly, normally with a €5 voucher on the app. For something small I wouldn't even bother going back to the store anymore, just contact them on the app.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Buffman wrote: »
    So you ended up €3.50 to the better and didn't have to go back to Trim? Sounds like a happy ending to me.

Generally they don't on the system, I find the main issues arise from discounts not being applied. Either the till operator missing the 30% off sticker or scanning the item barcode instead of the 'waste not' sticker, or the Lidl discount app not working as it should.

I find customer service fine to deal with and any issues I had were resolved quickly, normally with a €5 voucher on the app. For something small I wouldn't even bother going back to the store anymore, just contact them on the app.

Well it took numerous WhatsApps over 3 days
    In store asking staff
    A phone call to be told ring back later as too busy

To them get 3.50 to spend in their shop

Hopefully saminla corner is well stocked when I go in

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

A tip....Sign up for the free lidl plus app and scan it for every purchase- then you have a copy of all receipts in the app.

A tip....Sign up for the free lidl plus app and scan it for every purchase- then you have a copy of all receipts in the app.

I did thanks :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭NewClareman

L1011 wrote: »
    Environmental reasons - its non-recyclable paper, it can only be burnt or let eventually rot (which isn't quick). More and more stores are doing this, its really only Tesco and Dunnes that still auto-print at least amongst where I go.

The problematic stuff in them for recycling purposes can include BPA which isn't very nice.

Lidl may be going even harder on it to try encourage people to use the Lidl+ app and give them all that lovely consumer data, but its not the main reason for moving away from printed receipts.

Maybe it depends on the store manager. My experience is that a receipt is always printed, even when I explicitly say I don't want one. It is then thrown in the bin. I only use the app when I up something where I want a permanent receipt. But, same approach, every time.

Maybe it depends on the store manager. My experience is that a receipt is always printed, even when I explicitly say I don't want one. It is then thrown in the bin. I only use the app when I up something where I want a permanent receipt. But, same approach, every time.

It's been about a month since I was in one, but if that's the scenario it makes it more ridiculous.

As for the app. I don't wish to share my information with retailers - incl Tesco. Harvey Norman once told me that if I can't give them my phone number that my warranty would not be valid. As well as pointing out that such policy is illegal, I left the item behind and went across to power city.

We should never HAVE to give personal information to retailers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It's been about a month since I was in one, but if that's the scenario it makes it more ridiculous.

As for the app. I don't wish to share my information with retailers - incl Tesco. Harvey Norman once told me that if I can't give them my phone number that my warranty would not be valid. As well as pointing out that such policy is illegal, I left the item behind and went across to power city.

We should never HAVE to give personal information to retailers.

is there anything sinister to it, though? When HN had a really archaic system in the early days they only seemed to be able to look you up via address or phone number. Even now, it seems that one of the floor staff has to input details and then bring you to the cash desk - all a bit unwieldy. I have never had any unwanted communications from HN, so it never occurred to me until I read your post. If they said that to me about the warranty, I'd have done the same.

Advertisement