Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS3 external hard drive

• 09-06-2021 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Can someone recommend one I can use to transfer games I have bought from the PS3 store before it closes in July.
    My son has just starting playing and likes all the Lego ones....so do I

I ordered a 2TB WD last week and that didn’t work though luckily I found a buyer. 2tb too big I later found out.
    Asked VikingDirect and they just gave me a copy paste from their website and a phone number for Seagate

https://www.vikingdirect.ie/en/seagate-external-hard-drive-backup-plus-slim-1-tb-p-1038283

Would this do?
    Thanks, all this partition FAT32 or whatever jargon is way over my head

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hi
    Can someone recommend one I can use to transfer games I have bought from the PS3 store before it closes in July.
    My son has just starting playing and likes all the Lego ones....so do I

I ordered a 2TB WD last week and that didn’t work though luckily I found a buyer. 2tb too big I later found out.
    Asked VikingDirect and they just gave me a copy paste from their website and a phone number for Seagate

https://www.vikingdirect.ie/en/seagate-external-hard-drive-backup-plus-slim-1-tb-p-1038283

Would this do?
    Thanks, all this partition FAT32 or whatever jargon is way over my head

The PS3 supports a 2TB drive, it just needs to be formatted as FAT32 which I suspect your drive wasn't. You can easily format a drive to the FAT32 format.

Seemingly a larger capacity drive will work but you need to know what you're doing as it needs to be formatted in a specific way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Ok thanks both, hadn’t realised they reversed the decision, guess the pressure’s off

The PS3 supports a 2TB drive, it just needs to be formatted as FAT32 which I suspect your drive wasn't. You can easily format a drive to the FAT32 format.

Seemingly a larger capacity drive will work but you need to know what you're doing as it needs to be formatted in a specific way.

Hi KH

Do you think this one would work on PS3, smaller capacity which will be plenty & FAT32?

https://www.did.ie/intenso-2-5-500gb-usb-3-0-external-hard-drive-black-6021530-6021530-prd?___SID=U

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

the store will disappear so you wont be able to buy new games but you will have access to all the games you already own from my understanding on whats going on with it.

• Advertisement

Kimbot wrote: »
    the store will disappear so you wont be able to buy new games but you will have access to all the games you already own from my understanding on whats going on with it.
    It seems not
    Sony: 'It’s clear that we made the wrong decision here. So today I’m happy to say that we will be keeping the PlayStation Store operational for PS3 and PS Vita devices.'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hi KH

Do you think this one would work on PS3, smaller capacity which will be plenty & FAT32?

https://www.did.ie/intenso-2-5-500gb-usb-3-0-external-hard-drive-black-6021530-6021530-prd?___SID=U

Thanks

I don't see any reason that wouldn't work with your PS3. Just format it to be FAT32 as most likely it will not be FAT32 out of the box.

Advertisement