Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying coffee beans!

Options
  • 09-06-2021 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, just on the lookout for new coffee beans. The best to buy online or in shop. Bought insomnia beans recently out of local shop, only small pack. We're very good just a little expensive for buying so small. Would imagine if you could buy 1kg it would work out better value. Had been using vivaldi coffee beans and were very good but just want to try something different. Huge coffee drinker here. Have a delonghi machine at home so would be grinding beans myself. Appreciate all replies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Potatopie

Hey!
    The Super Valu signature taste range are great. I get the Level 3 beans and love them!
    If you like Frank and Honest coffee, you'll love them. Mellow and full bodied. Really smooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Hi all, just on the lookout for new coffee beans. The best to buy online or in shop. Bought insomnia beans recently out of local shop, only small pack. We're very good just a little expensive for buying so small. Would imagine if you could buy 1kg it would work out better value. Had been using vivaldi coffee beans and were very good but just want to try something different. Huge coffee drinker here. Have a delonghi machine at home so would be grinding beans myself. Appreciate all replies!

Thread here! Lots of info and sites
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057889872/156/#post117383772

Potatopie wrote: »
    Hey!
    The Super Valu signature taste range are great. I get the Level 3 beans and love them!
    If you like Frank and Honest coffee, you'll love them. Mellow and full bodied. Really smooth!

Nobody likes Frank and Honest, Frankly and Honestly it's piss!

@Op, what type of choice do your like? I get my beans from Art of Coffee, their Fusion is lovely for espresso, is my regular coffee. I get others but always go back!
    https://artofcoffee.ie/product/fusion-blend/

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Potatopie

Nobody likes Frank and Honest, Frankly and Honestly it's piss!

@Op, what type of choice do your like? I get my beans from Art of Coffee, their Fusion is lovely for espresso, is my regular coffee. I get others but always go back!
    https://artofcoffee.ie/product/fusion-blend/

That's not true!
    The Frank and Honest flat whites are fab!!
    IMO of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

If you can lay your hands on the Starbucks House Blend, they sometimes sell the beans (and ground) at Tescos

I don't care for their cafés, but the Starbucks beans make a great crowd-pleaser coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

The best thing you can do is watch this video below. James Hoffman is a really knowledgeable coffee guy, and he makes some great videos explaining all sorts of coffee related stuff. Some find his style a bit "hipstery" - but honestly the information he gives is accessible, well researched and you'll definitely come away from his stuff knowing something you didn't know before.

You say that you are currently buying supermarket coffee, which is fine and if you do enjoy it then who is anyone to tell you otherwise (I already see some snobbery above!), and especially if cost is a concern (which you have indicated it is).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

If you are in Dublin, 3FE are great.

Can recommend also the House Blend they make for Fallon and Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,580 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Day Lewin wrote: »
    If you can lay your hands on the Starbucks House Blend, they sometimes sell the beans (and ground) at Tescos

I don't care for their cafés, but the Starbucks beans make a great crowd-pleaser coffee.

You can go into Starbucks and they will seel the beans in store, they will also ground them to your liking if you don't have a grinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Farrell2017

Thank you ��

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Farrell2017

Didn't actually know that. Sounds great. Cheers ��

• Advertisement
Advertisement