Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up home office build

Options
  • 10-06-2021 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a home office type extension built and no doubt I'll want to mess around with some automations in the future. Is there anything I should be looking out for including while it's being built? So far I've come up with lots of sockets, neutral lines to the switches (is this standard these days?) and maybe putting in the Edison screw bulb fixtures instead of the bayonet. There'll also be an ethernet cable wired running directly to the router.

Is there anything else I should include now while it's still going up?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hi I assume you have a wired Cat 6 data point or points top your desk. If you only have one than a small switch can give you the extra points needed
    (edit you said you had that)

What type of radiator control are you thinking off? make sure your new rad has the right connection for it you dont want the costs of getting the plumber back to change out the TRV connection if its slightly wrong for your rad, maybe buy that up front for the plumber.

I would consider running a cat 6 cable from the light switch to the fitting.

That way you can use the cheap sonoff mini controllers with the low voltage switching terminals

Advertisement