If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG CX Freesat problem

Options
  • 10-06-2021 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

Received my LG CX yesterday and tried to setup the satellite free to air stations.
    Nothing is being found when I try to do a program search. 

There was about 6 hours between unplugging the old LG TV (Freesat worked perfectly) and loading up the new TV.
    Any suggestions as to what to do would be great appreciated as were without any terrestrial TV channels atm.

Thanks

O

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Oshkosh wrote: »
    Hi,

Received my LG CX yesterday and tried to setup the satellite free to air stations.

There was about 6 hours between unplugging the old LG TV (Freesat worked perfectly) and loading up the new TV.
    Any suggestions as to what to do would be great appreciated as were without any terrestrial TV channels atm.

Thanks

O
    Hi Oshkosh,

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Has the firmware been upgraded on the TV to the latest version?

Is it a satellite feed you have going into the TV? You may need to change tuners from terrestrial to satellite when tuning as if you are tuning on the terrestrial tuner it won't find any of the channels?

Let me know how you get on and we can see if we can get to the bottom of it for you.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Oshkosh

Hi,

Thanks

O
    Hi Oshkosh,

Is it a satellite feed you have going into the TV? You may need to change tuners from terrestrial to satellite when tuning as if you are tuning on the terrestrial tuner it won't find any of the channels?

Let me know how you get on and we can see if we can get to the bottom of it for you.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

I've done all the above and no joy. Not sure what the problem is but I'm stumped..
    I'd appreciate any help you can offer 

Thanks

Oisin

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

Thanks

O
    Hi Oshkosh,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

I've done all the above and no joy. Not sure what the problem is but I'm stumped..

Thanks

Oisin
    Hey Oisin.

Sorry to hear you are still having issues.

If you can email our sales address (Sales@Richersounds.ie)with your full name and address and a description of the issue then we can look at getting you a replacement.

Just to also check that you checked the satellite cable to ensure the end is correctly terminated.
    Also did you try your old television with the satellite feed to make sure it is still picking up the stations?

Hi,

Thanks

O
    Hi Oshkosh,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks

Oisin
    Hey Oisin.

If you can email our sales address (Sales@Richersounds.ie)with your full name and address and a description of the issue then we can look at getting you a replacement.

Just to also check that you checked the satellite cable to ensure the end is correctly terminated.
    Also did you try your old television with the satellite feed to make sure it is still picking up the stations?
    Hi Kenny,

I'll email the sales team tomorrow, thanks.
    My old TV was plugged into the sat cables on the morning of the 9th June. I had the new TV hung in the wall and connected by 5 that evening. So the Sat feed was deffo working. I even went to the local TV/Freesat guy and got new connectors and redid the terminals.. no joy. It's saying zero satellite signal.. I'm at a loss tbh. The local TV guy said they could send out a technician but I'm sure it won't be without its costs.. 

Oisin

Hi,

Thanks

O
    Hi Oshkosh,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks

Oisin
    Hey Oisin.

Hi Kenny,

My old TV was plugged into the sat cables on the morning of the 9th June. I had the new TV hung in the wall and connected by 5 that evening. So the Sat feed was deffo working. I even went to the local TV/Freesat guy and got new connectors and redid the terminals.. no joy. It's saying zero satellite signal.. I'm at a loss tbh. The local TV guy said they could send out a technician but I'm sure it won't be without its costs.. 

Oisin
    Hey Oisin.

No problem at all.

It is just very rare to have issues with the tuners. I don't think I can recall another OLED with this issue.

It does seems you have tried everything at your end and still no lick.
    If you drop the email over to the sales@ address we can get a replacement sorted.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks

O
    Hi Oshkosh,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks

Oisin
    Hey Oisin.

Hi Kenny,

Oisin
    Hey Oisin.

No problem at all.

It is just very rare to have issues with the tuners. I don't think I can recall another OLED with this issue.

If you drop the email over to the sales@ address we can get a replacement sorted.
    Hi Kenny,

I'll have one last look at this and reach out to the local TV/satellite shop and see if they have any further suggestions. I'd rather not have to go through the hassles of returning the TV tbh. 

Thank you for following up, I'll be in touch if there is no change after the sat guy has his say.

Regards

Oisin

Hi,

Thanks

O
    Hi Oshkosh,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks

Oisin
    Hey Oisin.

Hi Kenny,

Oisin
    Hey Oisin.

No problem at all.

Hi Kenny,

I'll have one last look at this and reach out to the local TV/satellite shop and see if they have any further suggestions. I'd rather not have to go through the hassles of returning the TV tbh. 

Thank you for following up, I'll be in touch if there is no change after the sat guy has his say.

Regards

Oisin
    Hey Oisin.

No problem at all.

Let me know as soon as you can.

Fingers crossed you can get it sorted without the replacement.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.