Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lord of the Rings ~ The War of the Rohirrim [Anime Film]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No mention of a release date?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Anime? That's a left field choice all round. Obviously there's the mega budget Amazon show on the way but I'd never have thought the next film might be animated.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

pixelburp wrote: »
    Anime? That's a left field choice all round. Obviously there's the mega budget Amazon show on the way but I'd never have thought the next film might be animated.

Next thing you know they'll be rotoscoping...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

fitz wrote: »
    Next thing you know they'll be rotoscoping...

Haha, touché; though I'd have thought after that failure they wouldn't touch animated LOTR for a while!

Definitely interesting to see a Western studio aiming to make an "anime" film and release it to the cinema. That's relatively unprecedented I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭corkie

Was wondering if the was any more news about this film.

The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim will be released by Warner Bros. Pictures on April 12, 2024.

War Of The Rohirrim First Look - Lore, Breakdown, & Theories | The Lord of the Rings Anime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭corkie

Per The Hollywood Reporter, Kamiyama’s animated Lord of the Rings entry has now been moved from its original April 12, 2024 release date to December 13, 2024. .....

..... pushed back because of the ongoing actors strikes, it does have the benefit of aligning this new film with the release windows of the previous Lord of the Rings films, which all shared December openings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Not a peep about this yet. Dec 2024 isn't very far away from an animated movie's POV. Would have expected to have seen at least some concept are by now if it was originally scheduled for less than 9 months away. True, anime studios normally play their cards close to their chests (Miyazaki's last film didn't have a trailer at all and only release about 3 images after release). Small studio. some Starship Troopers stuff. Some work on Ghost in The Shell SAC

Not really holding out for this. Ain't exactly gonna be Spiderverse, I'm just sayin'

Advertisement