Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy

Options
  • 10-06-2021 9:27pm
    Site Banned Posts: 10

How's it going folks.

I am currently renting in Newbridge and I'm looking to set up my own business soon. I worked in Portlaoise up to COVID and I have been on PUP since leaving that job. That and the **** ing Garda vetting system process delay has prevented me from setting up shop.

I'm a single 40 year-old man looking for a spacious apartment or three-bed house, max €300k.

I am originally from Carlow so might be open to look down that way.

I have a son in his 20s who lives in Waterford who I occasionaly visit, I also have four kids aged 5-11 in Belfast, two teenagers in Monaghan, and a 3 year-old in Clondalkin, all of whom I see within every fortnight. I need somewhere central where I can get to visit all of them.

Somewhere with good shopping, transport links and a good community is where I'm looking for. I would imagine the midland would be ideal. Suggestions welcome.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DubCount

...... looking for a spacious apartment or three-bed house, max €300k. .......

I have a son in his 20s who lives in Waterford who I occasionaly visit, I also have four kids aged 5-11 in Belfast, two teenagers in Monaghan, and a 3 year-old in Clondalkin .......

Have you considered moving into a fertility clinic :D

I'm not sure there anywhere that will be easily accessible to all those locations. If it was me, I'd be looking at maximising value for money, and accepting there will be a lot of travel no matter where you live. Carlow is not a bad shout. I'd pick Leitrim if it was me as your 300k will go a lot further there.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

I recommend getting a place in Carlow for your business, its not that far to Portlaoise from there.

For your son in his 20s who lives in Waterford who you occasionally visit, I recommend getting a place in Dungarvan.

For your four kids aged 5-11 in Belfast, I recommend you get a place in Bangor, houses are far cheaper there for a 4-5 bedroom house & close to the sea for walks.

For your two teenagers in Monaghan, the small town in Emyvale is best, there I recommend you pick up a 3 bed.

For your 3 year-old in Clondalkin, Castlegrange is just outside the village itself, again close to Lidl, 2-3 beds in this area recommended.

In order to get away from work & have some downtime I'd recommend you could pick up a one bed bachelor pad apartment in Smithfield, close to town & for those one night stands etc.

I think those recommendations should help, just be sure you turn off the lights when leaving each place in order to cut down on the costs. Other thing I wouldn't recommend using the cheap Tesco brands anymore, Durex is best:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Go to Leitrim to help with re-population.

James 007 wrote: »
    I recommend getting a place in Carlow for your business, its not that far to Portlaoise from there.

For your son in his 20s who lives in Waterford who you occasionally visit, I recommend getting a place in Dungarvan.

For your four kids aged 5-11 in Belfast, I recommend you get a place in Bangor, houses are far cheaper there for a 4-5 bedroom house & close to the sea for walks.

For your two teenagers in Monaghan, the small town in Emyvale is best, there I recommend you pick up a 3 bed.

For your 3 year-old in Clondalkin, Castlegrange is just outside the village itself, again close to Lidl, 2-3 beds in this area recommended.

In order to get away from work & have some downtime I'd recommend you could pick up a one bed bachelor pad apartment in Smithfield, close to town & for those one night stands etc.

I think those recommendations should help, just be sure you turn off the lights when leaving each place in order to cut down on the costs. Other thing I wouldn't recommend using the cheap Tesco brands anymore, Durex is best:rolleyes:

On top of this get yourself a taxi plate in order to quickly get through the traffic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,030 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think you need somewhere in Connaught and Munster, have more children in each and then you'll have the 4 provinces covered.

Move to Athlone then as it's the most central.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Are you not buying a one bed in Tallaght, City West or Balbriggan.

• Site Banned Posts: 10 JoeMcDougal

My kids are very important to me, there's no need to take the piss.

I'm not looking for Portlaoise as I no longer live there. Somewhere in proximity to Carlow is preferable. Was looking at Portarlington but it's no good for me. Urlinfgford as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mcginty28

The first thing you should be looking to buy is a pack of jonnies.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

How's it going folks.

I am currently renting in Newbridge and I'm looking to set up my own business soon. I worked in Portlaoise up to COVID and I have been on PUP since leaving that job. That and the **** ing Garda vetting system process delay has prevented me from setting up shop.

I'm a single 40 year-old man looking for a spacious apartment or three-bed house, max €300k.

I have a son in his 20s who lives in Waterford who I occasionaly visit, I also have four kids aged 5-11 in Belfast, two teenagers in Monaghan, and a 3 year-old in Clondalkin, all of whom I see within every fortnight. I need somewhere central where I can get to visit all of them.

Somewhere with good shopping, transport links and a good community is where I'm looking for. I would imagine the midland would be ideal. Suggestions welcome.

Cheers.

Calling time waster on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Tell one of the mothers you're sorry and you've changed, you're a different person now. One of them is bound to fall for it and let you back in. But work the others too to give yourself options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Moving away from Carrigstown Tommy?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

How's it going folks.

Cheers.

Kilcullen in Kildare would still fit the profile , houses available for under your budget , not a big place but very close to Newbridge and you are on the motorway in a minute

Kilcullen seems like a good shout, somewhere a bit closer to Carlow would be preferable. One place I'm 110% ruling out is Suncroft, I rented there for a few months and I wouldn't live there again if I was paid.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Kids and teachers on school holidays.

Seriously folks, I'm looking for reccomendations on where to buy. My personal life has got nothing to do with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Does your hareem not have any opinions on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Best off with a camper van mate so you can travel the country visiting your kids and make a fast getaway when someone else comes looking for maintenance.

My kids are very important to me, there's no need to take the piss.....
    I don't think anyone here is taking the piss, but are wondering about who's taking the sperm next:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Thestart

Have you ever looked at muchwood, great place by all accounts?

What would be the most central location to where my kids are and where I will be setting up my business?

• Advertisement

Narrowed down to Carlow, Laois, Kilkenny and Kildare. Any suggestions based on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,778 ✭✭✭✭L1011

OP is a banned re-reg troll

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement