Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.es - Refurbished sold as new, missing parts

Options
  • 10-06-2021 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey there,
    I'm new here, and I'm in need of some advice from more experienced people.
    I bought a soundbar from Amazon.es that was sold and delivered by Amazon (This one: https://www.amazon.es/-/pt/gp/product/B08B3LZS71/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I only purchased it from Amazon.es because it was over 100e cheaper than buying the same item here in Ireland.

Very well, two long weeks of waiting, and it finally arrived today. As I was opening the package, I notice that the adhesive tapes outside were generic, and not branded. Weird, but OK. Opening more, I noticed that the styrofoam was heavily damaged, with many pieces are literally broken/thorn apart. Weird, but maybe logistics? Opening more, I had sure it was opened before. Appliances usually come involved with some sort of plastic bagging to avoid scratch - and even these ones were not in place at all, it was a crumb ball at the bottom of the box.

To make things even worse, I couldn't even test it, because the power supply / AC adapter was missing! It was nowhere to be found in the box.

So, I did the obvious thing and contacted Amazon. They said that they cannot send me the missing part, and all they can do is a refund. I wanted the soundbar, but OK, refund sounds fair. But they say they don't have a carrier here in Ireland, so they can't pick it up for me. For it to be refunded, I need to pay for the international shipping (It's like, 10KG, 1.5 meters box), and only a week after the product arrives, they will process my refund. It seems I can apply for a refund of the shipping costs later.

Has anybody had a similar experience with Amazon.es?
    I'm so lost now, I have no idea what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I've had to send stuff in the past to amazon es and de. They will refund you later, just make sure they tell you exatcly what you need to do to get refunded the shipling. I think you have to send an email with proof of shipling and cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Just contact them and return the goods. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Got a delivery of new gear today (guitar effects pedal). Problem with it: nothing major, but would have involved me having to damage it in order to access the battery compartment.

Amazon uk, clicked 'return/refund', entered reason for return, auto response was "we're processing your refund, no need to return item", then "your refund has been issued" (or words to that effect). It was only £30 sterling, so probably not worth their while. Sold by Amazon, not a third party.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Amazon uk, clicked 'return/refund', entered reason for return, auto response was "we're processing your refund, no need to return item", then "your refund has been issued" (or words to that effect). It was only £30 sterling, so probably not worth their while. Sold by Amazon, not a third party.

It depends on the item. Sometimes it's not worth Amazon paying for the return postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ekofx

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Just contact them and return the goods. No issues.

I've never placed a refund with them before, is it normal to have the buyer to repack and take it to the local An Post? Shouldn't they carriers pick it up, since they can deliver it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

ekofx wrote: »
    I've never placed a refund with them before, is it normal to have the buyer to repack and take it to the local An Post? Shouldn't they carriers pick it up, since they can deliver it?

Perfectly normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

ekofx wrote: »

Amazon drivers don't puck up returns. Yould normally get a label for Royal Mail (im in the North, I'm assuming they also do anpost) for amazon.co.uk returns.

I'm guessing amazon.es don't have the facility to generate a return label for Ireland so you'll have to do it yourself. All perfectly normal.

As was said earlier follow their instructions and you'll get the refund you're entitled to.

Advertisement