If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVR upgrade

Options
  • 11-06-2021 10:49am

Hi,
    I think my Onkyo AVR I got off you guys several years ago is on its way out.
    Currently have a 65" LG oled & 5.1 (tannoy murcury V)set up all from RS.
    Looking for 4k support , Atmos*, must have duel HDMI outputs for my projector.
    Any recommendations ?
    *also need a pair of recessed ceiling mount speakers for atmos 

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,
    I think my Onkyo AVR I got off you guys several years ago is on its way out.
    Currently have a 65" LG oled & 5.1 (tannoy murcury V)set up all from RS.
    Looking for 4k support , Atmos*, must have duel HDMI outputs for my projector.
    Any recommendations ?
    *also need a pair of recessed ceiling mount speakers for atmos 

Thanks
    Hi BrownFinger,

Great to hear from you again!

We are having some stock issues on AVRs at the moment and we are quite thin on the ground!

I am waiting for a date to get more of the Denon and Yamaha receivers in stock but if you are looking for an amp soon I do have the Marantz SR7015 in stock which is a fantastic amp! It's a 9 Channel Atmos amp with 3 HDMI outputs, Dolby Atmos and an incredible sound:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204881-marantz-sr7015-black-dolby-atmos-av-amplifier.aspx

Let me know what you think of this option! I would also recommend pairing it with Monitor Audio C165 in ceilings - we use them throughout the demo room and they do sound great. They aren't as thin sounding as some in ceiling speakers:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201014-cambridge-audio-c165-each-white-single-in-ceiling-speaker.aspx

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.