Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Delta variant

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭snowcat

tom1ie wrote: »
    But the vaccine reduces transmission no?
    What is the % chance of an u18 dying from taking the vaccine? I’d say it’s fairly infinitesimal aswell.

We dont know yet as we are waiting on data but it cant be much lower than the chance of dying in the wild. And it is not looking good with the proven fatalities in the 20-40 age group from the Vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

snowcat wrote: »
    And it is not looking good with the proven fatalities in the 20-40 age group from the Vaccine
    How many proven vaccine fatalities have there been in the 20-40 age group?

With source please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭brickster69

Ok. I must have misread that.
    3.5k who tested positive, but didn’t impact the hospital service. So what’s the issue there?
    Genuine question.

No issue, probably just isolated and that's it, like everyone does.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

We dont know yet as we are waiting on data but it cant be much lower than the chance of dying in the wild. And it is not looking good with the proven fatalities in the 20-40 age group from the Vaccine

We don’t know that the vaccine reduces transmission?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,022 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

I’ve never seen anything saying we have immunity for 2 years (which would be fantastic news). Has this been publicised?

Yes. Didn't say 2 , a few .

• Advertisement

What proven fatalities in the 20-40 age group from taking the vaccine?

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Yes. Didn't say 2 , a few .

You said a couple, but doesn’t matter.

Well that is good but I suppose the problem being wild infections = hospitalisations, which I though was no longer a thing until I ventured back into this thread!!

tom1ie ..will you give me a break please ?
    Of course not proposing this type of immunity but many younger people would have been asymptomatic or others who have had it and don't want to get the vaccine , would at least have some immunity for a while , maybe longer , who knows .

? Are you saying kids will die directly from taking the vaccines?

Again with the questions ...but asking some people you will get some strange replies ...your choice !

Lumen wrote: »
    How many proven vaccine fatalities have there been in the 20-40 age group?

With source please.

Loads as most media have reported. Blood clots myocarditis etc. Most not reported, we should have a log of every person that dies after receiving a vaccine. Similiar to the Covid log. Died after getting a vaccine not because of the vaccine.

• Advertisement

How do you know this?
    Has there been studies on vaccinating under 12s?

Haha bang on with that question though tom1ie ! :D

Again with the questions ...but asking some people you will get some strange replies ...your choice !

It’s a public forum for gods sake.
    Relax.
    Question wasn’t even addressed to you.

Loads as most media have reported. Blood clots myocarditis etc. Most not reported, we should have a log of every person that dies after receiving a vaccine. Similiar to the Covid log. Died after getting a vaccine not because of the vaccine.

Come on, you're an engineer. You surely have actual data to back up your claim, right?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,130 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Provide a reputable source or do not post in this thread again

It’s a public forum for gods sake.
    Relax.
    Question wasn’t even addressed to you.

Good post , no question marks!

Good post , no question marks!

Lol! Good one actually?

Beasty wrote: »
    Provide a reputable source or do not post in this thread again

https://www.mdpi.com/2076-393X/9/7/693/pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Could we have authentic sources with detailed statistics to support your post, it is ridiculous otherwise.

I could be wrong here but i dont think there is a virologist or immunologist on Nphet either.

• Advertisement

I could be wrong here but i dont think there is a virologist or immunologist on Nphet either.

Amazingly, you are wrong again. :pac:

Cillian de Gascun is a consultant virologist.

Amazingly, you are wrong again. :pac:

Cillian de Gascun is a consultant virologist.

Oh sorry I didnt get a chance to go through all 30 of their CV's. Its good to see the main man is an expert in the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

So I guess we will be locked down forever, next we will need to ban driving altogether as that kills people. Then we can close down all society for fear of risks.

Better buy in the cotton wool so Tony can wrap us all up tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

So I guess we will be locked down forever, next we will need to ban driving altogether as that kills people. Then we can close down all society for fear of risks.

Why discredit yourself with such extreme sensationalist nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Your panties are bunching up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Unfortunately you are very close to the truth

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Why discredit yourself with such extreme sensationalist nonsense.

Well as Philip Nolan tweeted earlier vaccine efficacy is only a certain percentage meaning we will always have at risk in our population and covid will be indemic so.....

I honestly expected we would continue to open unless a clear rise in hospital cases was seen.

But that is no longer the aim. Can you tell me at what point will the risk be acceptable? Will we be onto booster shots before we get to that point.

Fully accept my comment is sensationalist but can you give me an answer - a real answer for when this will end now?

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    Your panties are bunching up.

So when will it end, covid is here to stay, vaccines are not 100% and delta is infecting vaccinated people. So cases will continue.

So as we will always have people at risk, when's the magic line where we accept the risk?

Its a serious question.

They are taking away the cheap drink as we can't be trusted. So on and so on. We seem to be going though a bit of a nanny state moment. All in the name of public health.

Advertisement