Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Minors just about got there in the end, 1-24 to 0-26. Weirdly I felt they did their best hurling when it was 15 vs 15, playing with an extra man seemed to hamper them. Great fight to score the last 3 points to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i think the forwards in this team are excellent , that young dounagan lad dose loads of unselfish work off the ball , a really good free taker , that minogue lad destroyed us in the munster final looking at some of the scores he got today he's destoned for big things , no player at u17 level should have the wrists that lad has

really good game to watch as a natural was very impressed with kelly the galway keeper also , serious puck out for a 17 year old ,

in regards the sending off , tipperary were playing against a strong wind which didnt help either

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Interesting article I think hes spot on here especially about full time development roles, Offaly have 13 full time staff which will really reap rewards going forward (obviously has already with u-20 success)

https://www.nenaghguardian.ie/2024/06/20/dunne-calls-for-intervention-to-drive-tipp-gaa-revival/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

I listened to the pod with Tommy. And he made some very good points. Tipp definitely need a finance taskforce (separate to the county board) with immediate effect to implement structures to maximize current revenues and create more income avenues in order to compete with what's going on in other counties. They also need a review of the county board's performance and how it's tracing its current income. The Centre of Excellences will never up updated in the right manner until that happens. A review of GDAs and their jobs is also needed - not to mention tripling the number in operation in the county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 89tipp91

DIfficult assignment for the minors this Saturday....

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Tough going alright, I think Tipp have the forwards to do it…..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

It would be a real Filip for Tipperary if they could beat Kilkenny in Nowlan Park. It would give those young guys a surge of energy that could propel them further in the years ahead.

The county board really need to get the finger out and start raising finance. In my opinion Limerick are spending more money year on year . The results are there but they arent resting on their laurels...its more and more.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KClon11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭newhouse87

First red disgraceful decision. Second yellow would have sufficed but can't argue it near as much. Minogue was getting pelted off the ball and that dope of a linesman saw nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭1373

A fairly reckless effort of a shoulder from number 9

Jaysus that's two awful decisions, some way to ruin an All Ireland final.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Phenomenal stuff in the circumstances, pity they couldn't get over the line as they're much the better team.

Still down to 13 for the extra time, huge ask.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Some game of hurling!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭farmerval

Some team to hang in there!!!! What heart!!

Unfuck8ngreal

One of THE GREATEST performances I've seen from any team in the Blue and Gold phenomenal

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KClon11

What a team!!!! Unbelievable stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Well done Tipp. What a performance. Some guts to keep going. Brilliant stuff. How bad were the cats couldn't do the basic things and too afraid to take their points towards the end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,915 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Outstanding win for Tip.

I actually am delighted that team won given how the game went.

The sheer effort, skill, doggedness and self belief thoroughly deserved to win that game.

A game for the ages.

Pity it wasn't in Croker in front of 80k.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 89tipp91

That was a magnificent performance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

that was phenomenal. That type of spirit in a performance would bring a tear to the eye. There’s hope for the future yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭supernova5

fair play lads, that was one of the greatest performances with a numerical disadvantage I ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Congrats Tipp. To win with 13 men for so long including extra time and to beat your biggest rivals on their home patch it will go down as one of the best wins at any grade. And go out on top of the All Ireand minor roll of honour with 22 titles. Some game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

I Got goosebumps watching that game. What a group of lads to win that game. I thought it was done after the 3rd KK goal but Tipp tore into absolutely everything. A classic GAA final which will be remembered for a long time. Well done to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭LetticebCivil

you all must be so proud. one of the best team performances I have ever seen. Delighted Tipp did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭farmerval

Fabulous game, played what was in front of them all the time, absolutely never gave up.

• Advertisement

To beat kilkenny in nowlan makes it all the sweeter. Won't be forgotten for long time in either county. Dare I say the tipp fans outnumbered kilkenny in their home patch. That wont be talked about as its only tipp have poor support apparently. Tipp abu.

Advertisement