Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 89tipp91

This may well be the case, time will tell.

What do you mean by the monumental mess the county board created?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 89tipp91

That was a reply to Fred Astaire!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Tipp 77

Very interesting to see the team announcement tonight. Probably two championship debutants in the full back line. Will it be Byrne or Quirke at wing back if Heffernan plays at midfield and if he does who plays with him. I'm going down Sunday more in hope than expectation but Morris Kehoe and Bowe could have big games and we still have great scoring potential

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

No Dan McCormack - his form has been poor - but that's a shock.

Tipperary Senior Hurling team v Waterford

Brian Hogan

Cathal Barrett

James Quigley

Craig Morgan

Dillon Quirke

Ronan Maher

Seamus Kennedy

Alan Flynn

Barry Heffernan

Conor Bowe

Noel McGrath

Michael Breen

Jason Forde

Mark Kehoe

Jake Morris

Post edited by evolvingtipperary101 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No Dan no John McGrath, no Bonner when you add that in with Bubbles & Seamie missing that's quite a change in attack.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Aussie Gleeson on the bench - I mightn't get to see him play and all the effort of going down

No Ozzie, wonder if there's trouble in the camp.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Quad injury. Strange to see him on the bench - if he comes on and tears it further, could be his championship.

• Advertisement

Doubt he's actually injured, no way he'd be injured and on the bench, think there may be a bit more in it, you don't want to cross Cahill.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Some bench from Waterford, Limerick probably the only team that could stop them this year so makes sense to keep a few in reserve.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Tipp to win tomorrow. They are waiting in the long grass and are loving being written off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭farmerval

Don't know what kind of grass you think we have in Tipp😁😁

The league has been disappointing, Ger Browne, Paddy Cadell, Robert Byrne and Brian McGrath all failed to grasp the opportunities they had. Dan McCormack and John McGrath not going well enough to start.

Add in Bubbles, Seamie, Willie Connors, Niall O Meara and Bryan O Mara all unavailable, it makes us look light.

On a side note Alan Flynn must be outstanding in training, I've never seen his value in matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not sure what in Jaysis’ name leads you to this conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Cause Colm Bonnar is the master of mind games. With all of his WIT Fitzgibbon wins they were going terrible in the early part of the year only to turn it around when it mattered and peak for the semi final and finals. He knows what he is doing. The league meant nothing to him.

League meaning nothing to him or not, the squad isn’t near good enough to compete

When I go through the Waterford team I'm like what's the big deal they're average enough then I remember Liam Cahill is the manager and it makes sense.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

Colm Bonnar was sniffing around this job 20 years ago and shouldn't have been within an asses roar of it in 2021/2022. He is yesterdays man and completely the wrong choice to undertake a huge rebuild. When you compare him to say a Cahill who has fresh ideas, it's apples and oranges.

The Fitzgibbon Cup may as well be Junior C in comparison to the Munster Championship. Not relevant whatsoever. Bonnar has no experience managing an elite hurling team at this level, despite having been around the game a very long time. He did very poorly with a mid tier county in Wexford and had a bottom tier county punching above their weight every so often.

And even if he manages to prove me wrong on the above (and I hope he does, I'll be there tomorrow hoping he makes me come back here and eat my words) - the panel is just not strong. The young players who should have 1-2 years championship experience are only getting integrated now, on the back of a very poor league where none of them impressed.

The best this team can hope for is to edge a Clare team who we are probably worse than at home, and then have qualification on the line at home v a Cork side with no bottle.

@Fred Astaire who would you have given the job to?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

To

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

I would have swallowed my ego and gone outside the County, because the situation was and is absolutely desperate in a way it has rarely been before.

Better that than write off up to 3 years with a poor manager who shouldn't be in the job, just because he is from Tipp. I care about winning more than I care about appeasing a few purists who would be happier to p*ss away these 3 years just to have a Tipp man in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Kylie06

I know it’s said every year

‘don’t mind the league…’

but I thought we were in for a right hiding today. Well happy with how we’ve gone so far, hopefully we can keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭nklc

A decent performance from the lads , a couple of goals missed might have made a difference. Tommy dunne getting red card, that’s Johnny Murphy for ya . Alan Flynn just not good enough for midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

A lot to take from that. A lot closer than I thought we would be in the finish. Dan McCormack made a big difference when he came on. Flynn tries his hardest but he is not a midfielder.

The effort was there but some of those wides were inexcusable. We were very close to getting something from that game . 1 to 7 should be the same against Clare big work needed from 8 up

• Advertisement

Not bad but that squad depth that Waterford have is killer. With their big guns all starting they’d be 10+ point winners

Advertisement