Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Dates and times finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Paddico

Any news on Stephen O Briens' injury with the footballers

There's a good few lads on the panel who got no games in this pre-tournament. They must be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭1373

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Thats a decent well balanced team. I see it as a good strong early season selection . I just don't see them making a big impact in the summer and that's ok for this year

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

Well done to Cashel CS. Went down to Kilmallock and got a result. Lots of good work being done in Cashel - it's been asleep for too long for such a tradition down there.

Harty Cup Semi Final Ardscoil Ris 0-14 (14) Cashel CS 1-12 (15

Clonoulty - Rossmore GAA Club have voted to rename their club grounds in memory of the late Dillon Quirke.

Tipp County Board should follow suit by remaining one of the sectors of Semple Stadium.

Thurles v Cashel in the final.

Midleton CBS: 2-7(13)

Thurles CBS: 3-20(29)

And Ursuline Thurles are Senior A Schools Camogie Munster Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any word on where the final will be on?

That's a serious CBS team, 5 players off the Holycross team, serious talent there.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Seems to be a push on Twitter to have it on before the opening league game at Thurles. I'm not too sure about that. Unless the county board want to waive the entry fee for the Tipp game. Diehards will go to the school game anyway. And, perhaps, it deserves it's own occasion. Might take the sting out of a final to have a league game after. A Laois game doesn't guarantee a crowd either.

Should be a great Harty Cup final. Lads from the same clubs facing each other. Cashel manager going up against his Nephew on the Thurles team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I do think the elephant in the room regarding tipp hurling is the scandalous lack of support we are getting at matches. Last years lack of support was nothing short of disgraceful and I haven't heard anything at county board level about addressing that .

If the team start winning games and putting in good performances then the crowds will return, that's the way its always been in Tipp.

They've done very little since 2019 to get the supporters back out. Every game being streamed now so I don't think attendances will ever be the same.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I realise winning games draws more support and I certainly know when we get to an all Ireland final the place is awash with "supporters " in their supporters club ties and sitting in premium seats. The fact is our teams are very badly supported compared to other hurling counties and my point is that our county board and the scores of committee members, delegates etc who btw are guaranteed all Ireland tickets, are not prepared to address this issue.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Definitely something needs to be done this year to improve supporter’s number’s

Our lack of support is ammunition for other counties fans & nobody wants that label

There's a whole raft of measures and incentives they could introduce if they were arsed and There's certainly enough of them on committees etc to address the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

100% agree. When a game is in the melting pot ,you need the support from the stands. Limerick get unbelievable support even when they were winning nothing. Its very very hard to stop their momentum when they have such a vocal crowd.

Tipp support has improved this year I feel so far but we ll see as the year progresses.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

Jerry Kelly and James Quigley replace Paddy Cadell and Jack Ryan on the bench.

The most dominant player at the moment is Pairc Ui Rinn. Pitch is not good. Bad state. But that's January for ye.

• Advertisement

Decent-ish game. Nine changes from last game. A load of time for more players. Hopefully, nine or so changes for the first league game. But maybe not as the colleges kick into gear. That said, plenty of players needing game time.

Might be nice to see the likes of John McGrath, Niall O'Meara, Ormond, Seamie, Eoghan Connolly, Ciaran Connolly, John Campion, Kehoe, Morris, Neville, Kian O'Kelly, Johnny Ryan, and Tynan get a start. That's what the panel is there for.

Best to leave the college players out while they're in the thick of it.

If ye're around Clonoulty, head into this game, you won't disappointed. Two very good teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

What kind of measures/incentives do you think should be implemented then?

Half Time

Mullinahone: 1-7(10)

Thurles Sarsfields: 1-7(10)

Full Time

Mullinahone: 1-10(13)

Thurles Sarsfields: 2-16(22)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

excuse the pun but how is tipperary evolving for the league and championship 😂, how close to full strength will ye be for the trip to ennis in April , munster will be tough this year for 4 out of the 5 bar limerick in my opinion it will go down to the wire for all ireland places

Jesus, April... keep forgetting that.

It's all up in the air yet. I think he is trying to get as many bodies game time as possible at the moment.

Only about five players playing regularly. Usually 9 to 10 changes each game.

18 yoyos for league games... can't see many turning out which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

yeah pushing everyone on to the season tickets and that , our county board introduced double hedders for club games last year where every one had to leave after the first game and pay another €10 for the second game , you couldnt make it up

will john mcgrath get game time in the league , picked up a bad injury against us last year

Hunting people out and ten yoyos for a second game is acting the maggot.

John did the Achilles - that's a bad one. That will affect your ability to get up for high ball and pace. He'll need minutes. Both McGraths looked very rusty when they came on. Have a lot of work ahead of them. Noel is not long back from honeymoon.

John is searching for form a long time now... big year for him. I'd doubt he'll be a starter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

This time last year we were losing to Kerry. Running out of steam at the end of the MSL final trying to give minutes to lads and not peaking too soon feels like huge progress from that.

On the support issue, it was very obvious last year from early on that we were on a hiding to nothing. Loss to Kerry as I mentioned above, then a really poor league where the highlight was a win against Kilkenny in an awful, awful game. Bonnar was a seriously underwhelming appointment at the time and he did himself no favours by giving the county precisely nothing to get excited about before Championship.

Tipp support generally starts to appear when the team is going well or there is at least potential of doing well. I expect it will be better much this year.

Advertisement