Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Very sloppy start, looks like they thought all they had to do was turn up!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 38 89tipp91

Look low on energy, hope the second half can only be a lot better

Playing right into Waterfords hands, being dragged out the field and leaving loads of space in behind.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

We got out of jail big time today thanks toLimerick. Did the effort vs Limerick contribute a lot?

• Advertisement

Possibly and combination of thinking all they had to do was turn up.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Only good thing out of today is that it should mean Waterford are stuck with Davy for two more years.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KClon11

It shouldn’t have. Limerick had the exact same game and were well able to go out and beat Cork today in another high intensity game. Every single one of our tipp lads looked off the mark today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Hate to see food go to waste so if ye want we'll take all the hang sanguges off ye that ye had made for the Munster Final just make sure they're well wrapped in the tin file 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

What the hell are ye after doing !! i know no one wanted to go down to cork for the munster final but jayses lads this is taking the biscuit !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

There won't be a sulky raced or a pallet collected in Limerick for a week!

Come on Dan u disappoint me come up with something original ffs,how about jp's cheque book or something else witty.How did ur bet work out this week,I backed Waterford + 8 pts thought it was the bet of the year against a very average Tipp team,good luck against Offaly 😆

After today the scenic route mightn’t be the worst way for us to go. We need a settled team further down the line.

waterford plus 8 , i take it you are the proud new oner of ladbrokes on lower Cecil street tonight , they would give you the keys to the shop if that bet landed 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Bobby_Bolivia

First of all, it was an awful, awful performance today. Nobody acquitted themselves well, players nor management (apart from maybe Gearoid, who went off injured). As bad as I've ever seen.

Second to every single ball, the work rate from the Limerick game gone. I've not seen the stats but I wager there were very few turnovers by us. Lads had nothing in the tank.

Cahill was atrocious on the line too. We dropped off the Waterford puckout, allowed them to claim every single puckout and then take the ball to the half way line before pressing and putting in any sort of challenge. Madness. And did we change it at any point? Push up? Nope. We had Ronan as a sweeper and he spent the game just standing around not knowing what to do or where to be. In the 2nd half we had to push up and we didn't.

I'd like to see the Kehoe incident again because Sunday Game very predictably skipped over it. Penalty there and it's back to 2 points, and could easily have driven on from there.

The Cahill stuff during the week had to be a big distraction too. Between that and everyone saying we were in the Munster Final, heads can't have been right.

Now, all that said - this is probably an ideal result.

• If these lads had any notions, they are gone now.
    • We have enough long term injuries that any injury we get at the moment is devastating. This team cannot absorb injuries to our two best forwards in Forde and Morris and our leader in the full back line, Cathal Barrett. Gearoid who was probably the only one that looked even slightly at the races, off injured too. Then Brian McGrath. We need a few weeks off to get everybody back. Maybe Niall O'Meara can get back involved too.
    • We have so many new faces who aren't used to Championship intensity and that showed today. This 3 week break will do us the world of good, we have a game against Offaly then which won't be a walkover, but should help us get sharp again after our break. Hopefully into the Quarter Final then (though taking nothing for granted after today) where we would have as good a chance as anyone.
    • Cahill and Mikey can watch that coaching horror show back and ensure it isn't replicated again.

i wouldnt worry hes grand , had war with him after the munster final last year over john keenans handling of the game and my view on dowlings sunday game analysis it took me a while to see he was having the craic more then having a go

all jokes aside today has taken me by surprise , i cant say i have watched the game seriously but i had it on the laptop while watching the rte game , tipperary looked very flat , like we did after our game against them last year

apparently the ball was in play for 20 minutes of the second half last week which is unheard of

Once Waterford went ahead they were able to take their time over everything. Tried to kill the flow of the game at every opportunity. Taking minutes over every free and puckout. Which was what they should have done. Ref should have hurried them up though, Collins was penalised last week for Cork vs Clare for a quarter of the delay as what Waterford were doing today.

Though nothing good would have come from us making the Munster final, having watched today. Would have been embarassed or on the off chance we put up a fight we would have been quickly dispatched by a fresh Galway or Kilkenny like you were last year. We are walking wounded, our best players injured and the others learning very quickly about the intensity of the Championship. We can't carry the injuries we have, especially when we have so many long term injuries.

As I've said above, the performance was unacceptable. But I think it gives us a better chance of still being in the mix come the AI semis/final than if we won today.

There ye go again Jesus yere slow learners aren't ye.Last week ye were planning for a Munster final before ye beat Waterford and now yere talking about all ireland semi final or final get over Offaly first and if ye do see how ye get on against Galway or Kk,oh and best of luck 😆

I know you're slow, but have a read back over my two posts, particularly the bit where I said this:

• "We have so many new faces who aren't used to Championship intensity and that showed today. This 3 week break will do us the world of good, we have a game against Offaly then which won't be a walkover, but should help us get sharp again after our break. Hopefully into the Quarter Final then (though taking nothing for granted after today) where we would have as good a chance as anyone."

Now run off and play with traffic. Or there might be an assault going on somewhere that you can help one of your lot out with. Hopefully Gillane manages to avoid peoples ankles when he is celebrating tonight.

• Advertisement

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

tipp looked flat today , i imagine it was the effects of last weekend against limerick , it took us weeks to recover from our munster final defeat to them last year , in fact i would say we didnt recover championship wise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Keep that up and you won't be posting on here much longer. Anybody bringing up a rumour about or laughing at or making a joke out of men hitting women is the lowest form of life.

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Is this the standard of posting we have to put up with now?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KClon11

Couldn’t agree with you more. Imagine your county getting to a Munster final(more than deserved by the way) and coming on spouting this **** on other threads. Pathetic to say the very least

So it's Offaly next and then, hopefully, either Kilkenny or Galway in a quarter final. Such is life, we need to knuckle down now and give it our best shot.

On the form of the first 3 games we would have every chance against Kilkenny or Galway, a 50/50 like so many of the games in the Championship have been this year.

On the form of yesterday, we would be turned over by Offaly in 3 weeks.

I just think that get the couple of key players back from injury, let the lads rest up for a few days, let the hype die down (we were second favourites for the AI and were 1/10 to beat Waterford despite winning 1 round robin game out of the previous 7 going into it). The team will be well aware that Offaly will be looking for a scalp, so have to show up to that game 100 percent mentally dialled in, they won't let complacency creep in again after yesterday However, no disrespect to Offaly, they are in Joe Mc for a reason so we should be winning, and that game should be a way for us to get sharpness back before an AI QF without emptying the tank. Can't take anything for granted though after yesterday.

• Advertisement

Offaly, Galway & kilkenny for an all Ireland final shot I presume. I would have taken 3rd spot at the start of the year if offered it so happy to have qualified albeit disappointed not to win any of the home games.

Seen Offaly's league final performance and while they're decent they're average enough and a game we should be winning by 10 points. Presuming we win we'll have a 7 day turnaround for Galway presuming kilkenny beat them.

All still to play for, arguably in bonus territory as we've made progress on last season. The good news for us is Jason Forde, Barrett, Morris & Morgan look set to be available and you'd be hopeful for Brian McGrath & O'Connor.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement