Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2020 - AH Official Thread *READ OP BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Great turn and finish from Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭circadian

I thought they were in trouble at 1-2. The Russians were on top and pushing hard but the Danes just kept their **** together and dealt with it. Great watch and that atmosphere is unbelievably hostile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

Russia have the biggest lads out on the pitch and the tiniest one in the goals

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Great evening's entertainment you'd have to say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭dmakc

If a team crowded pickford on corners like that England could really struggle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Big Romelu’s in beast mode this thing. Some shtoppin’

Hullo!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Denmark v Wales on Saturday will hopefully be a good match.

The Danes will fancy their chances, especially after tonights performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Great scenes in Copenhagen, I'd love them to go all the way to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Charlie19 wrote: »
    What channel is he on?

He is some man for a moan all the same.

He's on RTE (no idea if he is tonight, not watching tonight). The general vibe of disillusioned ex-pro doesn't understand the modern game and goes off on random tangents about things he doesn't like. Just f**k off then Ronnie.

Plenty of fresh ex-pros who could offer something interesting and relevant to say if you're not bothered anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

I'm all in for the Danes now, and why not? They used to run Dublin when the town was run right.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

So weird to be second in the group on three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Happy for the Danes.

Might just get over them putting us to the sword in 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

So weird to be second in the group on three points.

So far in the completed groups there have been no draws in any of the 12 games. Or "getting a result" as I believe a draw is called nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,804 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

So far in the completed groups there have been no draws in any of the 12 games. Or "getting a result" as I believe a draw is called nowadays.

Almost... Wales drew with Switzerland.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Def wouldn’t have got away with saying that tomorrow; England got their draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Bobblehats wrote: »
    LU-KA-KU!

Scandi-assassin.

Huh?

Huh? (Again!)

Spa-Swe
    Cro-Cze
    Eng-Sco
    Spa-Pol
    Hun-Fra

And of course the aforementioned Wal-Swi

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Huh?

You’ve been watching? He laid waste to them both, Russia and all to be honest with you I’m beginnig to think they have to withdraw him from the competition he’s a beast! Something akin to throwing a male into the women’s arena.

Are Australia in it? They're in the Eurovision.

They played Turkey far as I recall. One of their strikers is playing for Scotland.

• Advertisement

Bobblehats wrote: »
    You’ve been watching? He laid waste to them both, Russia and all to be honest with you I’m beginnig to think they have to withdraw him from the competition he’s a beast! Something akin to throwing a male into the women’s arena.

But what's the Scandi reference about? Not Finland, obviously. ;)

Interesting idea I've heard on how to avoid the last game effect where already qualified teams ease off the gas.

The top four 1st placed teams advance to the quarter finals.
    There is a playoff round between the 5th & 6th best 1st place teams and the 6 group runners up.
    No third placed teams qualify.

This gives an incentive to teams to be one of the best 1st placed teams.

Anyone else taking an almost sadistic pleasure in seeing Russia, Turkey and (hopefully) Hungary sent packing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Anyone else taking an almost sadistic pleasure in seeing Russia, Turkey and (hopefully) Hungary sent packing?

Yes, but not before Hungary play Germany in the Allianz Arena while it's coloured in the rainbow colours....

Germany-Allianz-Arena-Rainbow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

Yes, but not before Hungary play Germany in the Allianz Arena while it's coloured in the rainbow colours....

Germany-Allianz-Arena-Rainbow.jpg

Or not as UEFA have stopped them from doing this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

wawaman wrote: »
    Or not as UEFA have stopped them from doing this

Ah, I didn't know that.....

I'm sure the Germans will do something special though for their Hungarian guests....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭archfi

Keep politics out of football.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Wojld they be for footballing reasons? Something tells me you're better off with that grid iron. Bit of eurovision on the side

archfi wrote: »
    Keep politics out of football.

Sport and politics are both part of life in general. They can't be kept apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭archfi

Sport and politics are both part of life in general. They can't be kept apart.

Yes they can.
    Ergo, this correct decision.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Huh? (Again!)

Spa-Swe
    Cro-Cze
    Eng-Sco
    Spa-Pol
    Hun-Fra

And of course the aforementioned Wal-Swi

So far in the completed groups there have been no draws in any of the 12 games.

I was almost correct if you understood what I posted. I posted that in response to the poster who was surprised that one of the groups had three teams finishing level on three points. Three points could only come from one win, or three draws.

This is all blimmin Swa-Hili to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Great to see RTE showing the game with two already qualified teams facing off. I was worried we might have to watch Scotland v Croatia trying to survive in the competition.

Great to see RTE showing the game with two already qualified teams facing off. I was worried we might have to watch Scotland v Croatia trying to survive in the competition.

Theyre just filling in for UTV, aka TV3. The home of the England national team

You can watch it in furryvision on rte news now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Anybody know if any channel is showing the scotland game? It is on ITV4 but we can't view it there because of rights issues.

Anybody know if any channel is showing the scotland game? It is on ITV4 but we can't view it there because of rights issues.

Rte news now but on saorview the quality is poor

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

ITV 4 showing Scotland game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Fair play to RTE showing the meaningless England game in full HD and the winner takes all Scotland clash on the shytier quality news now channel.

First World problems, I know.

ITV 4 showing Scotland game.

we can't view it in ireland due to rights issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

we can't view it in ireland due to rights issues.

No issue watching it on ITV4.

seligehgit wrote: »
    No issue watching it on ITV4.

what can i say. I'm with virgin media and when I go to that channel it says I can't watch the match due to rights issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

what can i say. I'm with virgin media and when I go to that channel it says I can't watch the match due to rights issues.

That's odd.

That's odd.

it is the same issue with most sporting events on ITV4.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cheekypup

Liam Brady is missing a button on the left cuff on his jacket, maybe the highlight of the evening to see if RTE wardrobe replace it, the threads are still hanging in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think Virgin block it off. Im on my own Freesat/Freeview box and just found ITV4 and can watch it no problems, there is some atmosphere in Hampden at the moment even though its not full.

Im actually in two minds of which game to watch, Scotland Croatia should be the better game but part of me wants to watch the England game in the hope the Czechs score first and the crowd gets on their back, yes Im fierce petty like that :pac:

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think Virgin block it off. Im on my own Freesat/Freeview box and just found ITV4 and can watch it no problems, there is some atmosphere in Hampden at the moment even though its not full.

Im actually in two minds of which game to watch, Scotland Croatia should be the better game but part of me wants to watch the England game in the hope the Czechs score first and the crowd gets on their back, yes Im fierce petty like that :pac:

just watch the scotland game. If you hear a massive cheer from the scottish fans for no apparent reason then you will know the czechs have scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cheekypup

Muahahaha wrote: »

Watch the Scotland v Croatia game if you can, winner goes through, loser goes out, a draw both teams go out. That rarely happens.

Czech Republic v England, both are already through regardless of tonights result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah Im gonna watch the Scotland game as everything is on the line. If England or Czech score ITV will put up a split screen to show the goal anyway

Fùck this bitrate, half tempted to just cast a stream

• Advertisement
Advertisement