Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2020 - AH Official Thread *READ OP BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

This Czech side is one to be reckoned with. England laboured against them as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Well Czech that out. The Dutch are gone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Check V Denmark, so someone is heading for a huge semi, luck of the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The arrogant Dutch gone... no loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Check V Denmark, so someone is heading for a huge semi, luck of the draw.

Oh? Gooood….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Czech's deserved it. The Dutch were very poor. No cohesion at all going forward and dozy at the back.

I underestimated the Czechs. They are a tough team to play against.

Arghus wrote: »
    Czech's deserved it. The Dutch were very poor. No cohesion at all going forward and dozy at the back.

I underestimated the Czechs. They are a tough team to play against.

They did very little wrong in the group stage and didn't overly exert themselves vs England tbh. They might have looked at the potential draw for group winners and thought, no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Oh? Gooood….

Could even get a nice semi, one of them could end up in final
    Czechs at 25-1, why not .

Could even get a nice semi, one of them could end up in final
    Czechs at 25-1, why not .

Tall order but it’s a draw of two halfs again isn’t it. Lurching off to one side with the heavyweights

I think the Czechs were good, but, at the same time, the Dutch weren't. It was a feature of them in the groups too. Not clinical, sloppy, not really together as a team. Enough firepower on the pitch to get past most lesser opposition, but capable of running into trouble once they came up against a more organised team.

Though the red card was the pivotal event of the game. No side was dominating at that point, but the Dutch became very disorganised and distracted after it and the Czechs capitalised. Anyway, onwards they go, first real upset of the tournament.

Can't wait for this tie later. Part of me wants to see Belgium really kick on and part wants the Ronaldo circus to keep on rolling.

• Advertisement

Jot that one down as a miss..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Almost a classic George Hamilton gaff, George talking about the FIFA world rankings and saying “ Braaa,er Belgium no 1 in FIFA world rankings”, you dogged one there George!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

What are the opinions on the new female pundits? Im not sure what they bring to be honest, most seem to have gotten the job on the basis of their sex rather than any real standout ability. If there was a woman as good as brady id be more than happy to hear their input, but the ones I have seen simply arent great at the role, regardless of what their sex is.
    Furthermore, most pundits are speaking on experience, which gives their views more weight. No female pundit has the experience to talk about playing at a large tournament of the stature or standard of the mens euros or world cup, so it is kinda hard to take it seriously.

The whole thing just seems forced and nobody seems willing to point this out for fear of being labelled a sexist. (In reality, selecting people as pundits mainly on their sex is in fact highly sexist.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

Great to see Sanches storming through

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

Fantastic strike!

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

Fantastic goal WOW

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Great goal.

What are the opinions on the new female pundits? Im not sure what they bring to be honest, most seem to have gotten the job on the basis of their sex rather than any real standout ability. If there was a woman as good as brady id be more than happy to hear their input, but the ones I have seen simply arent great at the role, regardless of what their sex is.
    Furthermore, most pundits are speaking on experience, which gives their views more weight. No female pundit has the experience to talk about playing at a large tournament of the stature or standard of the mens euros or world cup, so it is kinda hard to take it seriously.

The whole thing just seems forced and nobody seems willing to point this out for fear of being labelled a sexist. (In reality, selecting people as pundits mainly on their sex is in fact highly sexist.)

Tbh the one that's on now with George is alright. She's certainly no worse than Ray Houghton or Ronnie Whelan. She does sound like she's stating the obvious a fair bit, even if she isn't.

The other one they had for group games was utterly atrocious.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Missed the first half, have the RTE panel on, according to them I haven't missed much.

• Advertisement

Missed the first half, have the RTE panel on, according to them I haven't missed much.

Apart from the goal it's pretty poor.

Knock out football usually is, like the game last night.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Embarassing dive from Ronaldo.

Get that ball back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

That was a great chance.

Arghus wrote: »
    Tbh the one that's on now with George is alright. She's certainly no worse than Ray Houghton or Ronnie Whelan. She does sound like she's stating the obvious a fair bit, even if she isn't.

The other one they had for group games was utterly atrocious.

Ya she is ok, the spiel about stressed brains aside. The woman in the studio is ok too, but the presenters howls of laughter at her every utterance makes the thing grate a bit. 'Hahahahahah - not a sexist - hahahahaha'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That chance for Jota, jeez, not a sitter but he needed to finish that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Ya she is ok, the spiel about stressed brains aside. The woman in the studio is ok too, but the presenters howls of laughter at her every utterance makes the thing grate a bit. 'Hahahahahah - not a sexist - hahahahaha'

She’s right about the stressed brains, it was a very defensive and tactical game before the goal, whatever about that, I think this has been the worst refereeing performance of the championships by a mile

Strumms wrote: »
    That chance for Jota, jeez, not a sitter but he needed to finish that.

Or at least hit the stanchion

Dirty Sanchez

Lisa Fallon using the phrase "dirty ball" if that was Ger Canning ye'd be all over it.

Shame to be hauled off, he could’ve had a hat-trick

• Advertisement

Lisa Fallon using the phrase "dirty ball" if that was Ger Canning ye'd be all over it.

Dirty ball was/is a very GAA hurling saying. It was when I was a young lad playing hurling.

I get ya now. Ger does GAA........ Dirty ball.

God I hate Pepe, though I would have him on my team, same with Ramos

She’s right about the stressed brains, it was a very defensive and tactical game before the goal, whatever about that, I think this has been the worst refereeing performance of the championships by a mile

Yes but, tired minds surely? If beglin came out with it id be calling him an eejit. If I called her the same I think we both know the response it would get. That takes away from the thing as a whole, I believe.

Portuguese been a let down in their attacking play..no final ball despite having players Qing up in the box on multiple occasions and making good runs, looking tired too..

Still hoping they comeback into it, plenty of gamesmanship, nastiness, cynical play, diving and time wasting as well as giving the ref hassle from the Belgium team, really dislike this lot and their manager...

More time wasting.

That's the Pepe we all know and love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭archfi

Great save by the Belgian keeper - hoping this goes to extra time though
    Off the post now!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Ohhh - awwww..

Portugal getting closer.

Shame they didn't start the second half like this.

Big man’s left his boots back on planet romelus

Lukaku takes his point. Steady

archfi wrote: »
    Great save by the Belgian keeper - hoping this goes to extra time though
    Off the post now!

And penos

• Advertisement

Belgian lad went the scenic route there.

Silva went into that challenge with the keeper a min ago with more conviction it’s 1-1 maybe. Thinking about being carded maybe if he didn’t win it...still.

Oh Jaysus that was awful.

Fernandes has been quite poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭archfi

Bye Bye campiones...

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

c436a805f5ec0aa547791e7efd47c14e.jpg

Ronaldo was awol the last 20, no service partly to blame but, thought he might drop deeper.

True test for Italy incoming

Strumms wrote: »
    Ronaldo was awol the last 20, not service partly to blame but, thought he might drop deeper.

Mind would they hit him with a cross anyway...

• Advertisement

Mind would they hit him with a cross anyway...

Truth, the final ball was piss poor, build up play was impressive but jeeez the service...

Advertisement