Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2020 - AH Official Thread *READ OP BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Looking for it but probably getting it outside the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Danes are running on fumes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Whew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Yes, great result for the tournament, also managed to to through without any injuries or suspensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Eriksson is coming on in the final.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Good stuff from Denmark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

ResUllt. Dragged off to a far off land, and not have to deal with ET can’t argue with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

hynesie08 wrote: »

Not funny.

Fair play to them but I suspect that was Denmark's last hurrah. They looked knackered in that second half.

If Ukraine somehow upset England then who knows? But I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Not funny.

They said on ITV he's going to his club in Italy and will be checked out by the doctors there, so does this mean he'll be back playing? You'd be afraid to touch off him if you were playing against him.

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Not funny.

Might give him 2 minutes so's he can get his medal :pac: They have another match to get through before that though.. It's pretty unlikely that said, but not worth getting annoyed about imo.. Poster was only having a joke.. I reckon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

The Chief Mouser To The Cabinet Office has this important message:

https://twitter.com/Number10cat/status/1411388308157046789?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Not funny.

Have you never watched a sports movie? The entire narrative is Eriksson scoring the winner.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

Damien Duff has his "join the dots" page with him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think the Ukrainians are going to have their Euro 88 tonight

I think the Ukrainians are going to have their Euro 88 tonight

It would be great, but I don't think these things happen anymore. I'm going for an England win or Penno's for some craic. RTE panel writing off the Ukraine anyway. England's biggest test this far will be Denmark. I'm still sticking to Italy winning this competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

Not funny.

No humour allowed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Who is commentating on RTE?
    Had to flee to the BBC... seriously, give someone media training or don't put them on TV. Dreadful audio presentation.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Well that didn't take long.

This could be bad.

I'm watching the Sopranos on Sky Atlantic, one of Tony's bits on the side just hung herself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I'm watching the Sopranos on Sky Atlantic, one of Tony's bits on the side just hung herself

No spoilers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

Swedes might have made a better fist of it. At least engerland ave gone defensive. If they pressed more Ukraine would be in worse trouble

Christ no need to spoil shows we havent seen yet in a totally unrelated thread

• Advertisement

Not seen it ? What have you been doing with your life ?

to be fair he has many many bits on the side you'll be kept guessing, also this episode aired 19 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭TalleyRand83

I presume you’re joking, otherwise fck off……giving out about a tiny detail of a 20 year old show that everyone on the planet has seen

Not seen it ? What have you been doing with your life ?

I ask myself that same question every day :( :pac:

Any consolation I've seen The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and a host of other top shows.

No I've watched every Euros game I think but I just can't watch England steamroll the Ukraine, I thought I was mature enough to enjoy their run but it turns out I'm not. Humpf.

• Advertisement

I ask myself that same question every day :( :pac:

Any consolation I've seen The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and a host of other top shows.

Trust me The Sopranos is far better than watching England yet again get the easiest route to a semi final of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭TalleyRand83

No I've watched every Euros game I think but I just can't watch England steamroll the Ukraine, I thought I was mature enough to enjoy their run but it turns out I'm not. Humpf.

Amen brother, I just……can’t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Well done that cameraman, good crowd watching...!!!

In fairness they're not an easy watch. The model of efficiency but extremely drab.

This will end up a 1 - 1 extra time and penalties or a 3 nil England win.

In fairness they're not an easy watch. The model of efficiency but extremely drab.

Just like Portugal last time :(

What about the possibility that Ukraine hang in there and in a moment of nail biting tension score a hard fought but lucky equaliser followed by 2 goals apiece in extra time after an unparalleled open period of ET full of incident and thrill only to clinch the victory in a penalty shootout filled with high drama .....

What about that? What if you missed that? C'mon man this is what watching sport is about, that one in a million unforgettable miracle game you stuck with even though it had all the hallmarks of a poor nil all stalemate or 5 nil drubbing. You disappoint me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

You’d be better watching paint dry.
    Fcukin cat malodeon

They are in awe of England says yer man. Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I hope Ukraine get a goal just to shut up the BBC commentators nearly creaming their pants going on about how great England are.

• Advertisement

The Ukrainians look a beaten side already. No conviction or purpose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Some strike from Rice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Before halftime Ukraine, come on before halftime.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

England aren’t that exciting but will clearly win. They will bring on some fresh subs mid second half as well. Also Kane has come back to form.

Interesting on the dedicated soccer forum they are all calling the English goalkeeper useless. He’s clearly been good for England this tournament. I’m not a club supporter so I don’t have their biases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

I only wish for England to lose when I hear Linekar etc at halftime.
    Grrr.
    Sadlier on the other side is a no-no for me

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

The Ukraine look useful enough tonight and nowhere near as bad as predicted. That said, I can't see England losing it. Decent enough bench if needed. A boring game though.

fvp4 wrote: »
    England aren’t that exciting but will clearly win. They will bring on some fresh subs mid second half as well. Also Kane has come back to form.

Interesting on the dedicated soccer forum they are all calling the English goalkeeper useless. He’s clearly been good for England this tournament. I’m not a club supporter so I don’t have their biases.

Yes Mr Pickford seems to be a tournament goalkeeper! He always had the look of some wide eyed innocent Tommy being sent off to the trenches to me.

fvp4 wrote: »

Yeah they have depth in the squad....that could be killer for Ukraine.

Dunno about Kane, for me he's not right all tournament, his movement is better last two games but he looks off/lethargic.......then again there's no son or similar to feed him and feed off him ....sterling could begin to link even better though I suppose

archfi wrote: »
    I only wish for England to lose when I hear Linekar etc at halftime.
    Grrr.
    Sadlier on the other side is a no-no for me

Sadlier is gone home. Duff took his place. Not sure who is worse.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

BBC really giving a skewed version of reality. I don't really know what they could or should say but their half time analysis is at odds with the match that I've watched. The it's more 4 fans
    supporting their friends rather than analysis

Advertisement