Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2020 - AH Official Thread *READ OP BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

amacca wrote: »
    Yeah they have depth in the squad....that could be killer for Ukraine.

Dunno about Kane, for me he's not right all tournament, his movement is better last two games but he looks off/lethargic.......then again there's no son or similar to feed him and feed off him ....sterling could begin to link even better though I suppose

He is missing Alli. Deli Alli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

BBC really giving a skewed version of reality. I don't really know what they could or should say but their half time analysis is at odds with the match that I've watched. The it's more 4 fans
    supporting their friends rather than analysis

Yes it was always like this and ever will be thus! Change the channel, don't do it to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

England are really held to an impossible standard. There's no need for RTE to go into such a critique on the English performance. Teams don't have to be perfect to win tournaments and it's unfair to say Spain or Italy will hammer England. They are young and inexperienced teams so putting them on a pedestal doesn't make sense.

This tournament just shows how mental it is that they haven't to further over the years considering their size and love of football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

How are they going to make a fcukin highlights programme out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

BBC really giving a skewed version of reality. I don't really know what they could or should say but their half time analysis is at odds with the match that I've watched. The it's more 4 fans

It's coming home, it's coming home etc, etc ......

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Not funny.

Yeah considering he is Swedish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

BOOM!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Eng v Den @ home
    Juicy

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Sin é.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Maguire is Jack Charlton and Bobby Moore rolled into one.

He nearly put his marker into the goal along with the ball.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Slabhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Looked like a dive to win that free kick that led to the goal.

I think they were fair enough. The game I’m watching was cagy (until now) but England were well in control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Strumms wrote: »
    Looked like a dive to win that free kick that led to the goal.
    his foot was stood on

This could be bad.

How right you are

England aren’t that exciting but will clearly win. They will bring on some fresh subs mid second half as well. Also Kane has come back to form.

Interesting on the dedicated soccer forum they are all calling the English goalkeeper useless. He’s clearly been good for England this tournament. I’m not a club supporter so I don’t have their biases.

They didn’t need the subs.

Could be a total drubbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Howler, disastrous goalkeeping, that really unbelievably poor, for any level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The anti England sentiment has now died.:D

fvp4 wrote: »
    They didn’t need the subs.

Could be a total drubbing.

They don't need the subs but Southgate should probably start thinking about the next game, give Sterling or Maguire or Philips a breather \ avoid yellows.

Maguire and Kane, two Paddies.

Still a tough one to call on whether they will win the tournament or not, they just haven't been tested properly yet. Would they have beaten Belgium like the Italians did? We'll find out how good they are in the next 2 games I suppose.

• Advertisement

The Dames will have no fear of this English side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mattser

The anti England sentiment has now died.:D

**** the loss. They're proper gutted.

Kane is one of our own.

I think they will. Today was the end for Denmark. They don't have another big performance left.

I know we're clinging on to hope here for the Danes but I really think this England team are very good and wont be a match, it's the Italians or Spain or bust really

There ain't nothing like a dame...' :)

Yes, looking forward to that clash - two great semis on paper anyway

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

archfi wrote: »

Is it? Denmark England is bland group stage draw all over it.

Is it? Denmark England is bland group stage draw all over it.

I think it'll be blood and guts meself :)

Maguire and Kane, two Paddies.

Still a tough one to call on whether they will win the tournament or not, they just haven't been tested properly yet. Would they have beaten Belgium like the Italians did? We'll find out how good they are in the next 2 games I suppose.

This line gets trotted out every two years in these threads, the fact is every game is a test and if you fail that test you're out. Amazing how bitter some people are about the English team yet watch every match in the hope they lose.

Pathetic behaviour if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Jim Gavin greeting Rice as he came off?

It's very hard for a small country to keep the momentum going. Denmark had their big performance vs Belgium. They lost but it gave them momentum.

You got that from a 3-0 lead?

This line gets trotted out every two years in these threads, the fact is every game is a test and if you fail that test you're out. Amazing how bitter some people are about the English team yet watch every match in the hope they lose.

I'm pathetic and bitter when it comes to England and I'm fine with that. You can't deny they've had an easy route this time and in the world cup, they're a better side now than 3 years ago though that's for sure.

It's so annoying. I don't care about England but why don't they same people scrutinize other countries the exact same way?

archfi wrote: »

Despite the South Pacific reference:D I agree. But I'm going for either a dramatic Semi final England loss to Denmark or a total wipe out final against Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Neither will the Denmark football team.

I'm pathetic and bitter when it comes to England and I'm fine with that. You can't deny they've had an easy route this time and in the world cup, they're a better side now than 3 years ago though that's for sure.

Go watch love Island, it will do your blood pressure a world of good.

It's so annoying. I don't care about England but why don't they same people scrutinize other countries the exact same way?

History, insecurity, the type of scumbag yobbos that (used to) support England, Lansdowne Rd, them being our closest neighbours...

History, insecurity, the type of scumbag yobbos that (used to) support England, Lansdowne Rd, them being our closest neighbours...

So basically something something eight hundred years :rolleyes:

In the meantime....BOOM!!!!

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Neither will the Denmark football team.

Sure they will look at a 4-0 victory ( at least) and say those boys are pushovers.

And England haven't hit first gear in this game.

Are people watching what I am watching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Well done Hendo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

That was some strike. Great save.

4-0 and the 30 mins to go will be tough for Ukraine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like Henderson does more than card tricks, sing-songs and quizzes in the evening.

So basically something something eight hundred years :rolleyes:

In the meantime....BOOM!!!!

To be fair to TM, he is being honest. I don't support England, nor oppose them. I think they will get to the final for sure now, and possibly win. Good chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Does he do card tricks' - Roy Keane ridicules England's Jordan Henderson decision ahead of Euro 2020.

At 4 nill, you need to let that go. I'm nearly 50. An Irishman, but they are going to win this game comfortably because they are the better team. That said they will be beaten by a better team at some point. I no longer understand the mindset of an English international team losing to Irish delight.

Looks like Henderson does more than card tricks, sing-songs and quizzes in the evening.

I think the context of that though was that there was a doubt over Hendersons' fitness and there was a consensus that he should be brought over with the team to which Roy's point was 'For what exactly?'

To be fair to TM, he is being honest. I don't support England, nor oppose them. I think they will get to the final for sure now, and possibly win. Good chance.

And I'm also being honest, every tournament where England get through we have a thread like this where people claim after every game.

"ah but sure who have they played? Sure they haven't even been tested yet"

I think if England beat Brazil, Spain, Portugal and Italy just to get to the final groupings for the world cup we would still have posters saying the same thing.

At 4 nill, you need to let that go. I'm nearly 50. An Irishman, but they are going to win this game comfortably because they are the better team. That said they will be beaten by a better team at some point. I no longer understand the mindset of an English international team losing to Irish delight.

I'm 40, so I don't think it will go away. It's not delight at all it's more relief that they don't win a tournament. But yes at least this isn't a dislikeable English team and Gareth seems a real gent.
    They'll be the team to beat in the next world cup too, Sancho is just ridiculous and will only improve.

• Advertisement
Advertisement