Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2020 - AH Official Thread *READ OP BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Tippy tippy bollox. Good toe blow into the net, do them right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Where is Zlatan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

YFlyer wrote: »
    Where is Zlatan?

Injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

crikey

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Great save.

• Advertisement

crikey ....again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

For all their possession, Spain are totally static. No one making a run to change it up or give Sweden something different to think about, all very slow and repetative. Completely toothless.

Chances rued!

Funk that I’m off to Argentina - Chile.

Enrique putting the mask on straight away. Smart move, sunglasses and a hat might help as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭Polar101

Not too bad for a 0-0 game at least. Didn't think Slovakia would be top of the group after today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Good result for Sweden in what was effectively an away game..

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Spain doing their best to bore the s**t out of me again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Pretty sure they lose their first World Cup 2010 game 1-0 to Swiss, and went on to win it, did they even have any strikers back then? David Luiz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Pretty sure they lose their first World Cup 2010 game 1-0 to Swiss, and went on to win it, did they even have any strikers back then? David Luiz?

Yep lost first game... it was David Villa who popped up with a few crucial goals

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Yep lost first game... it was David Villa who popped up with a few crucial goals

Ha yeah Villa not Luiz. I think they were a bit like recent Man City where strikers didn't matter too much however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The first post in this thread for about 17 hours?
    I presume that means none of the big footballing nations are in action today so I'll the telly a miss this evening.

I presume that means none of the big footballing nations are in action today so I'll the telly a miss this evening.
    Portugal are playing at 5.

Then the small matter of...

France vs. Germany at 8

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Biggest match so far is on tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

No 2pm game, coverage starting at 4:30pm for Hungary Vs Portugal. That should bring a flurry of “comments”, a woman is presenting.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

No 2pm game, coverage starting at 4:30pm for Hungary Vs Portugal. That should bring a flurry of “comments”, a woman is presenting.

Relax. It'll all be just "banter".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Full stadium attendance in Budapest?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

buried wrote: »
    Full stadium attendance in Budapest?

It's fantastic to see - a real, proper feel to it!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Have they set a number on how many will be allowed in for the final itself?

Ger Canning commentating on association football always feels wrong to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Have they set a number on how many will be allowed in for the final itself?

I don't know, final at Wembley and UK plan to ditch all covid restrictions delayed again doesn't look good

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

They're talking about full capacity for both Wimbledon final matches. Seems optimistic.

Much smaller capacity than Wembley but still a lot of people packed in close proximity.

I used to dislike Pepe, but he's just been around so long now that I kinda like him.

It's a pity he cut the 'fro though: it made him look twice as mental.

Flippin hell, full house at the ferenc puskas arena or what.
    You’d know they don’t allow too many foreigners in

• Advertisement

"First time Ree Percussio has been involved."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Is that the referee that sent off Nani for Man U in that champions league match against Real Madrid in Fergusons last season?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Lovely girl spotted.

Well they say football is nothing without the fans and it’s a beautiful thing to behold, isn’t it?

All those Hungarians; in full song. A joyous occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Arghus wrote: »
    Especially when he sounds like he probably uses that term to refer to it too:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Yeah! Always thought this too.

I remember back in the day he was commentating on an Italy match in the World Cup and he said something like;
    "Roberto Baggio, a great bit of skill there, fair play to him" but he tailed off in the end realizing he had to tone down the Gah lingo while he was covering the garrison game! :D

• Advertisement

Stephanie Roche in studio.

I remember the comedy gold of her being in studio doing analysis during one of the Sundays during the world Cup and her voice was completely shot to shyte - she'd totally been roaring her head off at something the night before, I think she was posting stuff on Instagram the previous night about going to see Phil Collins - she really couldn't talk, just croak. Just absolutely brutally hoarse.

And it was a long Sunday, one of those all day three match affairs and her voice never improved, just got worse and worse and every time they went to a wide shot of the studio she was necking that water like crazy.

Honestly, my favourite memory of the last World Cup.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

At least Maroon 5 aren't a blight on the coverage this time around.

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Especially when he sounds like he probably uses that term to refer to it too:)

He definitely calls it soccer or the garrison game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

He definitely calls it soccer or the garrison game.

:D:D:D

Harsh on Ger, he's been doing football a long time. I remember him calling the '83 fai cup final.

But like a lot of Rte employees he's been at it a bit too long by this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

Just tuning in and WOW a full house, fantastic to see.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Harsh on Ger, he's been doing football a long time. I remember him calling the '83 fai cup final.

Used to do the interviews and sideline reports for Ireland games in the nineties as well.

But like a lot of Rte employees he's been at it a bit too long by this stage.

Let me have my baseless opinion that he's not a football man.

Deep down he wonders whether Ronaldo could puck one over the bar from a difficult angle.

Deep down he wonders whether Ronaldo could puck one over the bar from a difficult angle.

My bad.

Truth to be told I always preferred Ger over Hamilton. :P

A lot of people don't like George, I guess familiarity breeds contempt, but I still prefer him as a commentator - occasional mistakes and all - to anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Darragh getting very little of the Euros so far. He's normally on practically every soccer match.

Don’t know which way this one is swinging… that passionately patriotic crowd is a powerful force proving not just a 12th; but a 13th man too -

I’m going Hungary.

I don't count Ger as a GAA man either to be honest. He is just an RTE employee. Marty would be a good GAA man.

"He always looks like someone has told him a dog has eaten his favourite jumper"

Shave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement