Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel to US via UK

Options
  • 11-06-2021 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

If the UK and US open a travel corridor between the 2 countries, can I, as a resident of the Common Travel Area avail of it without the need for quarantine ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭NSAman

If the UK and US open a travel corridor between the 2 countries, can I, as a resident of the Common Travel Area avail of it without the need for quarantine ?

Too early to say. Wait for the announcement if there is going to be one. Currently Esta is suspended, until presidential order has been lifted we simply wont know.

Waiting to find out as family want to come visit in Sept/Oct and we have put all reservations on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Too early to tell.
    Will be interesting to see what happens though. Lots of rumours the travel ban will lift next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

and then just watch the fares sky rocket !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

It's unlikely you'd have to quarantine.

Unless they make an exception for the Delta variant.

I personally know vaccinated people who have left the US and returned with no requirement to quarantine on return.

I also know unvaccinated visitors who came to the US specifically to get vaccinated and they also did not have to quarantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

... If I was to try get to the US next month would it be possible to go from Belfast to USA, or would I be refused entry ?... Am I right in thinking still can't leave from Dublin airport to USA?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SweetSand

Trumps proclamation which is in effect since last spring has UK, Ireland and all of Schengen area + some other countries on the list from where you can’t travel from if you ve been there in the last 14 days unless you are citizen, green card holder and some other exceptions. So no, you can’t, unless you fall into exemption list or proclamation ends, or you go and stay in the country not on the list like Mexico for 14 days and then travel to US.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedPaddyX

SweetSand wrote: »
    Trumps proclamation which is in effect since last spring has UK, Ireland and all of Schengen area + some other countries on the list from where you can’t travel from if you ve been there in the last 14 days unless you are citizen, green card holder and some other exceptions. So no, you can’t, unless you fall into exemption list or proclamation ends, or you go and stay in the country not on the list like Mexico for 14 days and then travel to US.

Just a minor clarification but it’s actually now Biden’s proclamation. Trump ended it before leaving office only for Biden to reinstate it the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

you can still apply for esta, it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Shazamm wrote: »
    you can still apply for esta, it seems

You could always apply for the ESTA, but it's no good with the travel ban.

I renewed mine recently in case there's a huge push once things open up.

Advertisement