Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Anne's Park - rose gardens

Options
  • 11-06-2021 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi all - Can anyone advise when the rose gardens in St Anne's park are generally at their best?

I visited there with my Mother in mid-May. We we were so impressed with the park overall. And the rose garden was impressive, even with no roses! So, we're anxious to do a return visit when they're in full bloom. :):):)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

July I think.
    The Festival used to be second half of July.

It's a lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Turtle001

Yes, the rose festival is normally in early July. I think the roses are coming out about later this year because it has been so dry. From now on they should be getting into full bloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

More lovely roses in islandbrigde memorial gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭francois

Ardgillen Castle in Balbriggan has a fantastic rose garde, with names on the varieties

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Citygirl1

Thanks all for your input. We visited on Sunday, and the rose gardens were most impressive!

I'm very familiar with the war memorial gardens. They're stunning also when in bloom. Must pop in there in the next week.

Must also check out the gardens in Balbriggan. Good idea for a trip!

• Advertisement
Advertisement