Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants near Premier Inn dublin airport

• 11-06-2021 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I will be staying over night at Premier inn near swords in july. Just wondering is there somewhere nice to eat nearby, not expensive and where u can eat in alone or does take away.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭appledrop

That's right beside retail park so not many restaurants within walking distance there but there is a Camile Thai just where the Tesco is so that would be nearby.

There is a small sitting area inside, but obviously all indoor eating banned at moment so would depend on when it is whether indoor dining open yet. You can get take away though.

Plenty of nice restaurants doing delivery in Swords but I don't know if they deliver to hotels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

I will have the car so will be able to drive so someplace within driving distance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

If its after July 4th all indoor dining resumes but may be hard to get a table the first week with all the pent up demand.

I'd recommend Wright's or Old Schoolhouse off the Main St in Swords as two pub grub venues with lots of nooks and alcoves for quiet pints and grub if you're dining alone. Food is decent without being fancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Schoolhouse gets my vote too. Just off swords main street. There is parking but not many spaces. Food is great and loads of options

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭eggerb

appledrop wrote: »
    That's right beside retail park so not many restaurants within walking distance.

In fairness, it’s 1.6km (1 mile) to the centre of Swords so it’s not exactly out in the sticks or in the middle of Ballymount..

Some good suggestions here already you can walk to and leave the car at the hotel. For a short 2.5km straight drive, you could try Kealy’s of Cloughran. They have an outdoor area set up. Kealy’s is beside the airport so there can be lots of lone diners..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd recommend Kealy's too, there's plenty of seating out the back or you can drive right into the car park and collect a takeaway. Driving around Swords trying to find parking when you don't know the town might not be worth it, though if you go into the Pavilions shopping centre there's Nandos, Zaytoon, Ruby's, Five Guys, Milano and Roosters.

If you want a normal dinner-type meal Kealy's would definitely be best and the easiest to get to. It's difficult enough to find their takeaway menu online so here's a link:

https://kealys.ie/online-ordering-system/?fbclid=IwAR35vndfhAwqAMUMAdE21dFSg26GOHf6vm_ARfZN3SH6-kC14lRJTb9H33s#/where

Click on "see menu & order tab top left".

I probably sound as though I have a vested interest, but it's just a hugely popular place because the food is so good and isn't expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ALS

Hogs and heifers is next door to premier inn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

ALS wrote: »

Gas - I never though of there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It's only a 10 or so minute walk from the Hotel to Main Street and all the restaurants there. As mentioned above you do have Hogs and Heifers just across the road from the Hotel. Personally I'd concur with others and suggest you walk to the Old Schoolhouse and enjoy dinner and a couple of pints! The food in the Old Schoolhouse is good, portions fill you up and the prices are reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Inquitus wrote: »
    It's only a 10 or so minute walk from the Hotel to Main Street and all the restaurants there. As mentioned above you do have Hogs and Heifers just across the road from the Hotel. Personally I'd concur with others and suggest you walk to the Old Schoolhouse and enjoy dinner and a couple of pints! The food in the Old Schoolhouse is good, portions fill you up and the prices are reasonable.
    It’s 20 minutes walk to the Garda station. Not many restaurants before that. You might be mixing it up with the holiday inn at pinnock hill roundabout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Esquires at the Premier Inn is open again with outdoor seating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭The Davestator

ALS wrote: »

Very underrated food in my opinion. One of the best places to eat in Swords.

Advertisement