Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy after handing in notice

Options
  • 12-06-2021 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I handed in notice in work 2 weeks ago, I've 2 months left but just learned liquidators to be appointed...do I have to stay with company and will I get paid if I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,337 ✭✭✭blackbox

I handed in notice in work 2 weeks ago, I've 2 months left but just learned liquidators to be appointed...do I have to stay with company and will I get paid if I do?

I don't think you'll be entitled to redundancy if you've already given notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

blackbox wrote: »
    I don't think you'll be entitled to redundancy if you've already given notice.

Agreed, Notice already served and accepted essentially waives any entitlement to Redundancy.

OP, why 2 months notice, that seems unusual?, I think you might need to be more concerned about the liquidation and getting final wages, whilst employees are generally preferential creditors a liquidation could delay a discharge payroll debts to employees.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Your right blackbox ive given the notice but i still havent served my time and intended on doing the full service of 2 months that i was contracted and asked by senior manager to do.

Since my employment hadnt ceaesed I thought i wouldve been entitled to something considering the last 6 years of service i had put in but maybe i jumped out too soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Your right blackbox ive given the notice but i still havent served my time and intended on doing the full service of 2 months that i was contracted and asked by senior manager to do.

Since the company is in liquidation, it would be good to get confirmation that the full salary will be paid for the period.

Advertisement