Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile number check

Options
  • 12-06-2021 7:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I am a UK account holder, but on secondment elsewhere. This means my mobile number is not prefixed with +44.

I am not getting SMS authorisations when requested, even though I have recorded the international code (absent the "+" character). I suspect the BOI system just assumes I have a really long UK number.

Tried to check the code on Banking365, but this is not revealed. Wrote to Banking365, but no answer for a week. So now trying this forum.

Please can someone from BOI emerge to advise how I can check, and if needed, change/update my mobile number for SMS messages (as opposed to notifications in BOI app).

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

SeanGer wrote: »
    Hi

I am a UK account holder, but on secondment elsewhere. This means my mobile number is not prefixed with +44.

I am not getting SMS authorisations when requested, even though I have recorded the international code (absent the "+" character). I suspect the BOI system just assumes I have a really long UK number.

Tried to check the code on Banking365, but this is not revealed. Wrote to Banking365, but no answer for a week. So now trying this forum.

Please can someone from BOI emerge to advise how I can check, and if needed, change/update my mobile number for SMS messages (as opposed to notifications in BOI app).

Many thanks
    Good morning SeanGer,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

I am sorry to hear this. If this is in relation to receiving a verified by visa 3D secure code when making purchases with your card online, I would recommend calling the team directly on 0035312500370. One of my colleagues will be happy to look into this for you. They are available from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Would you please post how this goes as i sometimes have this problem...

Advertisement