Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hang interior door

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Glad you got sorted but just one observation - it looks to me like the lock plate is on the wrong way around. I could be seeing it completely wrong of course!

Its not , it has the adjuster leaves pointing toward the rebate,
    as they should be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

kadman wrote: »
    Its not , it has the adjuster leaves pointing toward the rebate,
    as they should be

Now I’m embarrassed - I thought the easement was turned in, never even looked at the tangs. Oops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,731 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I'm following the building of this house on youtube. This was posted last week. May or may not be a help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Now I’m embarrassed - I thought the easement was turned in, never even looked at the tangs. Oops!

Tangs are easily adjustable with a narrow screwdriver, to either tighten or loosen
    the bight of the plate on the door lock.

Very handy.

Prior to this innovative design, you had to reposition the plate, to adjust the hold on the door.
    Lose door would rattle, and a tight door needed a good bang to close it.

I wouldn't be embarrassed. I have on occasion fitted them arseways once.

Back in 1972:D:P. Its an easy thing to do.

Advertisement