Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnout/Apathy and how to remedy it

Options
  • 12-06-2021 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all, for three years I thought I was suffering with depression, with periods of happiness in between [which I thought was a bipolar aspect].

However, only when I looked into research on burnout and found out that the two are often incorrectly diagnosed as one another because of identical symptoms - was I able to get back on the road to having less weighing me down.

I strongly encourage you to consider if it is actually burnout and not depression that may be suffering from if you are starting to resent everything.

I was so compelled by wanting to share this with others that I'm doing my MSc. thesis on burnout and spirituality [which is a tool for overcoming burnout].

Often people do not realise that spirituality is not just about a "God" or religion, there are types such as feeling at peace when amongst animals, nature, or working in a caring profession.

If more people knew about potential remedies, there may be less people suffering, or for a shorter time.

If you had 10 minutes to respond to my survey, I would be immeasurably grateful and your response will contribute to findings for improving the mental health of others.

Thank you in advance

https://tinyurl.com/daaxfdvh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Many signs of depression or burnout might link to malnutrition.

Advertisement